March 9 2022 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for your questions. I will begin working on replies tomorrow afternoon. 

Thanks, 

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: March 9 2022 Weekly Session

This is a comment wearing my buyer hat.

Went to buy something from a Canadian seller and the checkout page was showed free shipping.

Had to scroll the page to see that ebay had checked off local pickup as the default shipping method.

This is a bad design -- a buyer should be able to see all the details that influence the final price BEFORE they see (and hit) the Pay button.

A design change is needed to either:

(a) force the buyer to select a shipping method if there is more than one choice before they can pay. If there is only one choice automatic selection is fine, otherwise force the buyer to pick what they want to use.

or

(b) the buyer scrolls down the page, past all the details before the buyer sees the pay button.

The first screen I saw on checkout (on a computer) was:

first screenfirst screen

Had to scroll down to see the rest of the important details...

scrolling to bottomscrolling to bottom

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

Went to buy something from a Canadian seller and the checkout page was showed free shipping.

Had to scroll the page to see that ebay had checked off local pickup as the default shipping method.

This is a bad design -- a buyer should be able to see all the details that influence the final price BEFORE they see (and hit) the Pay button.

(a) force the buyer to select a shipping method if there is more than one choice before they can pay. If there is only one choice automatic selection is fine, otherwise force the buyer to pick what they want to use.

or

(b) the buyer scrolls down the page, past all the details before the buyer sees the pay button.

first screenfirst screen

I'm not sure if this is connected but had a customer on the weekend attempt to make a purchase for local pickup. When they went to pay, system would not let them. The customer was able to send an acknowledment that a purchase(which I received) had been attempted but payment would delayed.

Was advised with following email:

Message received:  eBay Secure Local Pickup

They attempted several more times to make payment but still were not able to complete. On fees page it showed where I had been charged FVF's for this transaction and funds owing because nothing had been processed recently (no available balance). Meantime they advised they would pay on pick up. System let me update system as paid yesterday on the 8th. System now shows funds(8th) have been collected back dated to 6th. (Was still showing FVF as owing when I checked as of yesterday.)

I've never seen/had a transaction for a pick up react display this way. Either way payment could be made or customer could pay on pick up. In both situations it showed a purchase had been made.

Appears something is not happening as it should for pick ups.

As a side note in the payments log it shows when a transaction "should" be processed by with a date. When it physically completes it does not show the connected  date.

Examples:

a)Processing: to be completed on Mar 9  - Pending transaction

b)Completed - Transaction marked paid on 8th. Date of transaction 6th.  

-Lotz

Note. Immediate payment is turned off in settings. In theory this could affect anyone attempting to add to cart and combining on shipping.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Update:

On All Transaction page it shows transaction completed.

On Summary page it shows FVF's as owing even with pending transactions processing.

This would be where being able to hold a MP balance would be EXTREMELY beneficial. In the olden days this was callet Petty Cash.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Zero insertion fee promotion appears to be ending later this month, before the end of the month. Any other new or extended promos for sellers?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

or

first screenfirst screen

Hi @ypdc_dennis - I agree that's a confusing experience and one that can be misleading. I'll make sure that this is shared (I'm not certain whether it's a technical issue or a design one). 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@ight.coin wrote:

Zero insertion fee promotion appears to be ending later this month, before the end of the month. Any other new or extended promos for sellers?

Hi @ight.coin - there haven't been any announced additional promos, but if there are I will make sure to tag you!

-----

Edit to add: I just saw this! The 100K promo is being extended to the end of the month (to make sure you have a clean break instead of having to decide to end listings early). 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat today - it's closed from further replies but will return next week!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 8
latest reply