October 21 2020 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for the weekly session. Leave your question below and I'll begin working on getting you answers tomorrow afternoon. 

See you then!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: October 21 2020 Weekly Session

The link to "PayPal Transaction" has been missing from the drop down menu for a week or two now.  This by design or......  Thanks.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

G'morning Tyler,

Something for the old suggestion box.

Currently if a buyer purchases multiple different items any applicable handling charge is combined and added to the invoice. With multiple units this is not the case. Seller fees/expenses still apply to the additional units but there is now way to cover them within eBay and Calculated Shipping. All that would be required would a box a seller could fill in when creating a listing with that extra handling charge. (Similar to the box that is available with flat rate shipping for additional units.)  I believe it was factored into the total years ago, but somewhere along the way it stopped abruptly. 

If this is not possible, all western provinces would be totally willing to forward all snowfalls east. We really wouldn't mind a limited amount of snow this year. 🙂 Sounds like a fair trade to me!!!

-Lotz

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Hi Tyler, 

2 things:

1- still haven't gotten any info about my question last week, PM'd you with more detailed description and example of what I was talking about regarding eBay "shifting" the "shipped-on" dates in listings.  Your reply that the "shipped-on" date is when the label was printed, is inaccurate. While this Used to be the case, eBay now seems to be picking up dates based on scans. Which is fine if it was actually picking up the first scan; However, a number of my items scan in locally (on truck, or origin at local post office/UPS hub) yet the "shipped on" date changes to show another date, sometimes if it scans in Montreal, or if it scans on entry to the USA.. This was confirmed  by Merchant Support but that still doesn't help me when my seller level has dropped due to "buyer says late delivery", which was carrier delay, but eBay counts it against me since they decided not to count the first 1-3 days of tracking....  Nobody seems to be able to answer what is going on with this, and if it is being resolved, and what is happening with seller accounts who have lost discounts due to this glitch. 

2- I have a number of markdown sales running, however none seem to actually show the discounts. They show active in my Markdown Manager, (EG 164142192941 "ON SALE Oct 12, 2020 at 9:50am EDT") but it is still showing the full price with no markdown when you go into the listing.  Same thing for the rest of my markdown sales... 

Mike

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I can confirm @motomike_canada observations. This has been going on for many months, but seems to be worse as of late. US sellers on the dot com board are having similar problems with scanning reliability especially how it relates to a sellers standing. A few examples below.

1. eBay - Label generated Oct 13, Dropped off at post office 14th. Departed Calgary 15 th. No further scans. According to Canapost delivered on 15th. Feedback received.

2.eBay Label generated Oct 3. Dropped at post office on 4, Arrived Mississauga on the 8th. No further scans. According to Canadapost delivered to front door on 15th rural S. Ontario.

3.  eBay Label generated  Oct 13. Dropped off at post office on 14th.  Item departed Calgary on 15th.  According to Canadapost item is being held for pickup in Calgary. Which is correct.

4. US small packet air shipments from my location were routinely being scanned in 4 to 5 days at LAX/SF followed by eventual delivery scans. Past few weeks scanning has been blank even after buyer has confirmed delivery with feedback.

5. I don't have precise dates for this last example. I had a tracked shipment going to NY city. Made it to LAX in reasonable time. Then disappeared off the radar. After 3/4 weeks customer wanted his money back(Understandable). I refunded and requested an investigation into this item with no followup from Canpost/USPS. 2 1/2 months later item arrives as per customer. In checking USPS tracking they backdated delivery 1 month prior. Not sure how often this goes on. I just know that it does. Fortunately this customer was understanding. Not all eBay customers are. This is even more frustrating when there are limited means for a seller to get repaid if they have refunded.

Most buyers will check eBay tracking info if they are curious. They rarely think to check Canadapost/USPS tracking to confirm accuracy. Same goes for signature required. That is currently a lottery at best as to IF and WHEN it happens.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

2budds
Community Member

Have been trying all day to get into my Summary of Fees, etc.  Does not load.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

It's not even this (which is also a problem) 

Revised, see below

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Actually here's a better one -- see the pic attached.

label printed Oct 15

shipped Oct 16

scanned when picked up oct 16

scanned when processed ottawa oct 16

item in transit oct 16

processed Dieppe NB oct 18

but order details page shows "Shipped on Oct 17th" (top left corner).

If this part had to go out Oct 16th, and is delayed in transit, or buyer decides it was late, system will think it shipped on 17th and count it as a late shipment against my account. 

THIS is what i'm talking about -- This is the issue that needs to be resolved, and the reason my account has lost Top Rated for Sept and now Oct. 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

eBay logo top left of every community.eBay.ca page goes to eBay.com. As reported in last week session been like that years. On my iPhone 7 and previous model. On my iPad. Both now running iOS 14. Using default safari browser. Happened in previous versions.

Can someone else on the formums confirm this. Also check Windows 10 and others browsers.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@richardcm 

I'm on Win8 with Google Chrome Version 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Mine brings me to dot.ca.  Wonder if this has anything to do with recent eBay update. Prior to 2 weeks ago arriving to community page it showed as Not Secure. Now it is showing as secure. Alternately I don't recall ever seeing Not Secure with dot com on any pages.

-Lotz

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@richardcm wrote:
eBay logo top left of every community.eBay.ca page goes to eBay.com. As reported in last week session been like that years. On my iPhone 7 and previous model. On my iPad. Both now running iOS 14. Using default safari browser. Happened in previous versions.

Can someone else on the formums confirm this. Also check Windows 10 and others browsers.

Happens to me sporadically. Not always but definitely often enough that I notice. Haven't found an exact pattern

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I just checked 3 recently shipped items and 2 out of 3 show on eBay as having being shipped a day later than what the Canada Post site shows.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I see the same thing on safari on my iPad....clicking on the logo goes to .com.   Also...when I click on the head icon, it takes me to sellers hub on .com, not .ca.   I haven’t downloaded tha Ebay app on my iPad but the .ca community view on my iPad is slightly different than on my pc. The .com community view used to be different on my iPad as well but that changed a while ago.

On my pc with Firefox,  the logo takes me to .ca

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@snoopwiz wrote:

The link to "PayPal Transaction" has been missing from the drop down menu for a week or two now.  This by design or......  Thanks.

Hi @snoopwiz - good(ish) news on this one: it is a technical issue that's being worked on. I'll get your account added if it hasn't been already. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

G'morning Tyler,

Something for the old suggestion box.

Currently if a buyer purchases multiple different items any applicable handling charge is combined and added to the invoice. With multiple units this is not the case. Seller fees/expenses still apply to the additional units but there is now way to cover them within eBay and Calculated Shipping. All that would be required would a box a seller could fill in when creating a listing with that extra handling charge. (Similar to the box that is available with flat rate shipping for additional units.)  I believe it was factored into the total years ago, but somewhere along the way it stopped abruptly. 

If this is not possible, all western provinces would be totally willing to forward all snowfalls east. We really wouldn't mind a limited amount of snow this year. 🙂 Sounds like a fair trade to me!!!

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - this is a good suggestion! If you use combined shipping rules (link here) for Calculated Shipping you can choose the 'each additional' option for handling charges, just like you'd expect on the Flat Rate shipping. 

Thanks!

Calculated shipping.JPG

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

@motomike_canada wrote:

Hi Tyler, 

2 things:

1- still haven't gotten any info about my question last week, PM'd you with more detailed description and example of what I was talking about regarding eBay "shifting" the "shipped-on" dates in listings.  Your reply that the "shipped-on" date is when the label was printed, is inaccurate. While this Used to be the case, eBay now seems to be picking up dates based on scans. Which is fine if it was actually picking up the first scan; However, a number of my items scan in locally (on truck, or origin at local post office/UPS hub) yet the "shipped on" date changes to show another date, sometimes if it scans in Montreal, or if it scans on entry to the USA.. This was confirmed  by Merchant Support but that still doesn't help me when my seller level has dropped due to "buyer says late delivery", which was carrier delay, but eBay counts it against me since they decided not to count the first 1-3 days of tracking....  Nobody seems to be able to answer what is going on with this, and if it is being resolved, and what is happening with seller accounts who have lost discounts due to this glitch. 

2- I have a number of markdown sales running, however none seem to actually show the discounts. They show active in my Markdown Manager, (EG 164142192941 "ON SALE Oct 12, 2020 at 9:50am EDT") but it is still showing the full price with no markdown when you go into the listing.  Same thing for the rest of my markdown sales... 

Mike

Hi @motomike_canada - 

1. I'm not able to speak to account specifics, so I can't really address what you're seeing. I'm happy to ensure that Merchant Support addresses this if you'll let me know when you contacted them so I can find the record of the interaction and advise the right folks. 

2. This definitely sounds odd. While there are limitations to the sale events that you can create, the item you use as an example doesn't appear to have anything 'wrong' with it. I'll do some more poking around. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 16
latest reply