October 27 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

The chat is open for questions, please leave them as a reply below and I'll begin working on responses tomorrow afternoon!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: October 27 2021 Weekly Session

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Another shipping comment/question...

A few month ago I mentioned that on .com when a Canadian seller gave a shipping cost to Canada, the generic shipping options all give basically the same delivery time and all with a very long delivery time.

If a Canadian buyer purchased from me tonight they would see a delivery time of:

Standard international shipping - Nov 16 -29

Economy international shipping - Nov 17 - Dec 1

Expedited international shipping also show November 17 - Dec 1

I suspect that my .com listings will not get many Canadian buyers this of year since they think they will be waiting 3-4 wks from a Canadian seller.  Obviously all 3 time estimates should not be the same but they have been the same for quite a while...I woukd guess about a year.  I think that the economy time may be reasonable as sellers from other countries may be using it but standard and economy should be less.  Please ask them to change this.

Hi @pjcdn2005 - looking into this one with shipping too - thanks for your patience!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 21 of 24
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Hi Tyler,
Re the shipping badges on .ca

1. Will they be shown only on .ca?

2 . only on listing originating on .ca?

3.  The announcement gives a list of services that would fit the 4 day delivery time.  Is that. For information only or will those be the only services that the badge will show with?  There are no Canada post services on the list.

Hi @pjcdn2005 - very good questions!

1 & 2. Currently, yes, but more developments are coming on that front (that's literally all I could get out of Shipping, but they seemed very excited).

3. It was primarily an example - you can use Canada Post services, and as long as the estimate of delivery is within the 4 day window it will work (that usually just means 'Express' level services for CPC).

Tyler,
eBay
Message 22 of 24
latest reply

@theoldestfart wrote:

tyler@ebay I contacted Intelcom Express via their website on Oct 27th. On Oct 28th Intelcom contacted me via email to say the item is in Winnipeg and will be delivered tomorrow. I am not out of the woods by any means since this company is known to lose parcels, deliver them to the wrong address and create fake signatures. 

If I am so stupid to ever use GSP again I will use a FlexDelivery address with Canada Post postal outlet nearby. That means Pitney Bowes will be forced to use Canada Post rather than Intelcom Express and that I will have to drive over there to get the parcel but I will not have to put up with Intelcom Express clear disregard to provide tracking for their items.  

@theoldestfart - glad to hear that at least it's still in the game! I hope the item gets to you without further issue.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 23 of 24
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining the chat this week! It's closed but will return next week. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 24 of 24
latest reply