October 31st 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for discussion. Thanks!

Issue Status Latest Update Action taken/Next Steps
Unable to add items to an active Sale event + Markdown Re-opened Tech investigating  
When using Chrome to save a draft listing, an error displays that information is 'not safe' Closed Not a bug: working as intended/ongoing project This is related to the Google Chrome mandate that all pages be HTTPS. This is why it's only happening in Chrome. Transition for major pages have been completed, but is still ongoing for other more minor pages. The conversion project is still underway, and as the pages are made HTTPS the error will no longer display
Estimated delivery dates for international destinations are overly optimistic Open Requested update from Project Managers involved  
Refunded items are remaining in buyer's Purchase History as 'payment pending' Open Investigating  
Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Hi Tyler,

The save to draft error issue on your list should not show as closed - this was reported again last week.

I still get this error message when I save to draft:

"Your connection is not secure

The owner of sm.ebay.ca has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website."

I only get this on ebay.ca  -  it's fine on ebay.com

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

Sorry, this issue is still not resolved. I get the same error message results in Chrome & Microsoft Edge on a PC for the save draft on eBay dot ca.

-CM

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Hi Tyler. Thanks for opening the thread.

As you know, Best Offer is incompatible with Immediate Payment Required. How hard would it be to make it so that the item stays live after an offer has been accepted unless the buyer pays? Alternatively, to have an accepted offer by the seller take payment from the buyer as soon as it’s accepted? Could a buyer not agree when submitting their offer that it would be immediately paid if the seller accepted? Same with auctions, a winning bid could go straight to payment or be left live for the next bidder if it didn’t?

I’m just wondering.

Some of anxiety around selling is unpaid items and the fact they waste so much time and opportunity. Such as with Immediate Payment Required being incompatible with Local Pickup, I also must wonder if there aren’t ways to make it work. I know it’s always more difficult than it seems. And I don’t know the first thing about coding.

Thanks,
Maureen

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

amcdc79
Community Member

Hello tyler,

Thank you for your response to my question a few weeks back, and for all that you do for us on the ebay forums.

I guess that I must be the only one having this glitch, but just in case others ever report it, I feel I must let you know.

When I edit the countries that I ship to, I have the "Asia" section ticked for shipping to none of the countries, but when I choose Hong Kong on the "Southeast Asia" section, because Hong Kong is listed in both, it becomes unticked in the "Asia" section which is supposed to happen.

The problem is when Hong Kong becomes unticked in the "Asia" section, other countries also become unticked. Instead of just Hong Kong, I am now shipping to,

Bahrain

Irag

Israel

Jordan

Kuwait

Lebanon

Oman

Qatar

KSA

Turkey

UAE

Yemen

Whenever I revise on .ca or edit on .com the result is the same. As soon as I choose Hong Kong, all the ones I have listed above become unticked. Thankfully I have not had a sale to those countries, but I now cannot set up Hong Kong, without taking a chance.

I also tried unticking just Hong Kong in the "Asia" section, and when I saved and went back to see, those same countries were unticked as well.

If I'm the only one with this issue, please don't worry about it, I am just adding my voice in case others have this issue. Tia.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Hi Tyler 

First issue 

I have a coupon for shipping supplies and want to donate to someone in need .What was the surprise when I had been told that there isnt any shipping supplies in the store .What will happen with this coupon ?

Why there isnt option for us to donate  some of the stuff that we ordered from eBay store supply ?

I had a people that contacted me but how I could send to them the stuff that I dont need when we cannot exchange addresses here .

Second issue 

This one is bigger then the previous.

For quiet while when I want to prepare shipping label I cant find email or the phone number of the customer.This is a big issue when I purchase extra insurance with the carrier .If the item get damage in the transit all the carriers ask to contact the customer .Why eBay hide this important information when you know well how all the carriers work .All my items are ship with insurance .Why I need to write every time to a customer for asking for important information just to ship the item.

All other platforms allow phone number or email but not eBay .I already have a lost because of damage in the transit .

Third issue 

Customer service from overseas is bellow zero .Isnt time for some changes since we have ebay Canada .You always find way to escape this hot spot ,but its time for eBay to stop hide the head in the sand .

Fourth issue 

When eBay will take an action against the foreign  sellers who misrepresent the location of the item that they sell ? Why all the reports from a buyers are not taken in consideration . A seller with more then 100 negative feedback for misrepresent the location of the item continue to selling on eBay .After all it means that eBay doesnt respect their own policy .that doesnt surprise me a lot since the customer service doesnt know the policy either 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

I am continually having problems with buyers not being able to ask for combined shipping invoices.

I have phoned eBay several times, and all my settings are checked and are correct, but it is still happening. Sometimes the buyer gets a message that "this seller doesn't allow combined shipping", other times it is impossible for them to pay without immediate payment,  which I don't have in my settings.

In the last couple of months I have had to do 4 special listing for the buyers, others I have just lost, they give up and find another seller.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hi Tyler,

Sorry, this issue is still not resolved. I get the same error message results in Chrome & Microsoft Edge on a PC for the save draft on eBay dot ca.

-CM

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies and @lucitabby - this was closed as it is on the radar of the tech team and is the expected performance at this point in time, though it will change in the future. 

Specifically:

This is related to the Google Chrome mandate that all pages be HTTPS. Transition for major pages have been completed, but is still ongoing for other more minor pages. The conversion project is still underway, and as the pages are made HTTPS the error will no longer display

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@momcqueen wrote:
Hi Tyler. Thanks for opening the thread.

As you know, Best Offer is incompatible with Immediate Payment Required. How hard would it be to make it so that the item stays live after an offer has been accepted unless the buyer pays? Alternatively, to have an accepted offer by the seller take payment from the buyer as soon as it’s accepted? Could a buyer not agree when submitting their offer that it would be immediately paid if the seller accepted? Same with auctions, a winning bid could go straight to payment or be left live for the next bidder if it didn’t?

I’m just wondering.

Some of anxiety around selling is unpaid items and the fact they waste so much time and opportunity. Such as with Immediate Payment Required being incompatible with Local Pickup, I also must wonder if there aren’t ways to make it work. I know it’s always more difficult than it seems. And I don’t know the first thing about coding.

Thanks,
Maureen

Hi @momcqueen - great points, and fair ones. Currently this isn't something that can be done, but as we continue to develop in the future (and with the continued rollout and refinement of eBay Managed Payments) I hope to see improvements like this made!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@amcdc79 wrote:

Hello tyler,

Thank you for your response to my question a few weeks back, and for all that you do for us on the ebay forums.

I guess that I must be the only one having this glitch, but just in case others ever report it, I feel I must let you know.

When I edit the countries that I ship to, I have the "Asia" section ticked for shipping to none of the countries, but when I choose Hong Kong on the "Southeast Asia" section, because Hong Kong is listed in both, it becomes unticked in the "Asia" section which is supposed to happen.

The problem is when Hong Kong becomes unticked in the "Asia" section, other countries also become unticked. Instead of just Hong Kong, I am now shipping to,

Bahrain

Irag

Israel

Jordan

Kuwait

Lebanon

Oman

Qatar

KSA

Turkey

UAE

Yemen

Whenever I revise on .ca or edit on .com the result is the same. As soon as I choose Hong Kong, all the ones I have listed above become unticked. Thankfully I have not had a sale to those countries, but I now cannot set up Hong Kong, without taking a chance.

I also tried unticking just Hong Kong in the "Asia" section, and when I saved and went back to see, those same countries were unticked as well.

If I'm the only one with this issue, please don't worry about it, I am just adding my voice in case others have this issue. Tia.

Hi @amcdc79 - I haven't seen other reports of this, but I'm really intrigued by this report. I'm going to do some poking around and see if I can get to the bottom of this. Hoping there's an easy process fix, but if not I'll run it up the flagpole! 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@fashionoutletdeal wrote:

Hi Tyler 

First issue 

I have a coupon for shipping supplies and want to donate to someone in need .What was the surprise when I had been told that there isnt any shipping supplies in the store .What will happen with this coupon ?

Why there isnt option for us to donate  some of the stuff that we ordered from eBay store supply ?

I had a people that contacted me but how I could send to them the stuff that I dont need when we cannot exchange addresses here .

Second issue 

This one is bigger then the previous.

For quiet while when I want to prepare shipping label I cant find email or the phone number of the customer.This is a big issue when I purchase extra insurance with the carrier .If the item get damage in the transit all the carriers ask to contact the customer .Why eBay hide this important information when you know well how all the carriers work .All my items are ship with insurance .Why I need to write every time to a customer for asking for important information just to ship the item.

All other platforms allow phone number or email but not eBay .I already have a lost because of damage in the transit .

Third issue 

Customer service from overseas is bellow zero .Isnt time for some changes since we have ebay Canada .You always find way to escape this hot spot ,but its time for eBay to stop hide the head in the sand .

Fourth issue 

When eBay will take an action against the foreign  sellers who misrepresent the location of the item that they sell ? Why all the reports from a buyers are not taken in consideration . A seller with more then 100 negative feedback for misrepresent the location of the item continue to selling on eBay .After all it means that eBay doesnt respect their own policy .that doesnt surprise me a lot since the customer service doesnt know the policy either 

Hi @fashionoutletdeal - Responses in line below:

First:

I've passed on the fact that there aren't supplies in the store currently. I'm not sure why there aren't any displayed at this point in time. You have until the end of this quarter to use the coupon, so hopefully this delay in inventory won't derail your supply needs too much!

Since coupons are issued on an account level, there isn't a built in process for you to transfer it from yourself to another account. If you were interested in sending supplies to someone else you could consider using their address at checkout. However, there's not a way to split a transaction into multiple shipping addresses, so it may be simpler for you to order the supplies you are looking to donate and then arrange with the other members how to ship it to them directly.

You wouldn't be able to use the eBay messaging platform to exchange contact details at this point in time, but I'm sure direct messaging through any other means would work. 

Second:

Removing contact details from buyer's shipping information has been in place for some time, not sure why you're just seeing this now - are you in the new shipping label form? If it's necessary for you to have the buyer's contact details in order for you to ship certain items, you would be able to request that information via eBay message after the buyer has made payment, but there's not currently a way to display this info.

Third:

I know you feel strongly about your experiences with customer support. If you would prefer to work with teammates that are located in the Americas you can contact us via social media (Twitter or Facebook).

Fourth:

We do take action on members who misrepresent their items' location. While we don't discuss the details of consequences taken on another member's account, if you do receive an item from a different location than what was indicated that is usually a valid reason for a return. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@triber wrote:

Hi Tyler,

I am continually having problems with buyers not being able to ask for combined shipping invoices.

I have phoned eBay several times, and all my settings are checked and are correct, but it is still happening. Sometimes the buyer gets a message that "this seller doesn't allow combined shipping", other times it is impossible for them to pay without immediate payment,  which I don't have in my settings.

In the last couple of months I have had to do 4 special listing for the buyers, others I have just lost, they give up and find another seller.

Hi @triber - that's an unusual situation. I'd like a bit more detail about it, so I'll be contacting you later today for more detail (keep an eye out for an email from me!).

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 12
latest reply