Bought vinyl record to be shipped from USA to Canada, now says delivered in Germany?

I bought a vinyl record from an American seller with good reviews in the past. It was supposed to be shipped to my address in Canada. Everything seemed good until USPS provided me with a tracking update that said the package had been "successfully" delivered in Germany at a International Service Center. I haven't received any other updates for a few days now. 

I'm mostly wondering why eBay or USPS would have the package sent to Germany before Canada, seems a little bit out of the way to me. Does anybody have any experience with this? Is there simply no updates once the package gets to an International Service Center? It's been three weeks since I purchased the item.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Are you sure that it was Germany?  

If it said delivered to Erlanger that is the global shipping Center in Kentucky.  If the seller uses the global shipping program they ship it to Erlanger and then the gsp forwards it to Canada.  If that is the case you should get a new tracking number once the package leaves Erlanger. 

Being the OP is located in Canada sounds like either it was a miss-sort on the part of USPS or an incorrect address label was placed on the package. You may want to check with the seller to see if they had another package going out the same day to Germany. The labels may have gotten switcheroo'd.

-CM

I think it depends on the mail service they are using.  For me to ship to the UK from Canada, it first goes to the US, then to Switzerland then to the UK.

Ask a Question
Top Helpful Posts