How long does Royal mail airmail(small packet) take to Canada?

I purchased an item from UK, the item been shipped out on 11th March, but it's been 11days, still not receiving the item, it is royal mail airmail without a tracking number. is that normal to take that long from UK to Canada?

need help form you

Sincerely

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

In the past mine have taken about 2 weeks.

I'd estimate yours should arrive soon. If they take much longer you

can contact your seller and they may be able to track it for you, or

they may be able to supply tracking # for you.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Although mail from Great Britain and from Europe is usually faster than from the USA, which is strange, I would allow a full 20 days to pass before asking the seller what day the packet was mailed.

You have up to 45 days to start an Item Not Received dispute, but don’t wait longer than 43 days.

BTW, under the provisions of Murphy’s Law, now that you have asked about it here, the parcel will either arrive today or Monday.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

oskye
Community Member

I've sometimes had mail from relatives in England arrive in 2 weeks, or so - to my constant surprise. I've often had it take 4 weeks or more.

Patience is best. Always allow 4 weeks for any purchase, especially for anything from overseas.  Then be pleasantly surprised when it arrives sooner.  Much less upset and hand-wringing that way.  As noted previously, you still have plenty of time to open a case if it doesn't appear at all.

SideNote - the items from Asian countries can take even longer, through no fault of the seller.  I always feel sorry for them - they regularly get negative feedback because people expect their purchase to arrive in a week or two.  Yet forget the shipping was probably free, so their package is obviously not coming First-Class airmail.  And it's coming from China, not Wisconsin or anything.  Some different rules can apply. 😉

Message 4 of 4
latest reply