China to Canada parcels

I purchase electronic components in early January 2017 from Shenzhen China and receive it in Alberta Canada on May 2, 2017. It took 4 months to receive it!  Wow where is the average 3 weeks? Who is to blame for this 16 week time delay's? May guess who.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

China to Canada parcels

Please take a look at the "Buyer Central" discussion board. Dozens of buyers like you are complaining, usually at least once a day, about slow shipping times from China.

The reasons? There are many, but one of the biggest ones is due to the increased scrutiny small packages from China are receiving from CBSA in an attempt to curb the rising rates of fentanyl usage in Canada (which is killing thousands). Much of that drug has come in from China, hence the increased scrutiny.

If you want the items faster, you need to either purchase from Chinese sellers who offer tracked services (which negates pretty much any savings that people tend to associate with buying from China), or better yet, buy closer to home where the items will arrive quicker and tend to be better quality.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

China to Canada parcels

Not to get personal with my purchasing experience with eBay and other e-commerce corporations regarding this reply; there are 3 main good or bad links in the chain before I receive anything i.e the seller, east Asian mail courier and Canada Post (if I make use of them).

All my ELECTRONIC products/ components are sourced with a tracking number or by 'Registered Mail' if i need it soon. Also note "Tracking is not available for international registered mail items sent to Canada" since 2 years ago.

WHEN "buying closer to home" lets say the USA the same item manufacture in the Far East will cost me 4 to 5 times more (if UPS maybe 10 times more).

Define "better quality". Companies that I have dealt with in the E- commerce are ISO 9000 accredited companies, and this is not clothing or other stuff.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply