What is this stupid new HS Code requirement on PayPal?

Okay, so I've read a few threads on this and I'm still confused. I called PayPal and they gave me the following website which doesn't work for me: http://www.exportcanada.com/hscodesearch.aspx

I am trying to mail a memory stick as a light packet to the US, and on Canada Post I got an HS Code which is several digits long including a decimal. Once I input that code into PayPal HS Code, it said the following: 

• Please enter a 6 to 13 digit, valid HS code for all items being shipped.

I called PayPal again and they said to call Canada Post and tell  them their HS Codes are not working?

This is VERY annoying.

The "convenience" of PayPal........................ya right.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

OKAY, THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION:

"Remove the dot in between the digits"

Thank you 'dot'
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Remove the decimal point, pretend it isn't there, and it will work.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

They told me it's new rule from Canada Post

You can find code here

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/wtz/business/findHsCode?execution=e1s1

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

i had the same problem,really is a pain but it is canada post screwing this up not pay pal,it is so rediculouse,a screwdriver has a code ,and even a drill bit has a code,like customs are going to waist the time checking every code to see whats in the box of course not,and canada post wonders why they arnt making enough money,the people at the post office here dont even no about this new code thing,it takes a lot of time to find the right code and sometimes the site works and sometimes it dont,be interesting to see how manny people get irritated with this,if you mail something at the post office they dont use a code,by the way its only if you ship something out of the country.all in all its the stupidest thing canada post has ever done,be interesting to see what happins,also found out the hardway there is no space or symbol that goes in the code. hope that explains to some degree whats up with that lol

Message 5 of 5
latest reply