shipping via apo/dpo

My bidder his registered (eBay/Paypal) in Belgium. He is a member of the US army and works at the US embassy. Since I clearly indicated in my add that I would only ship to registered bidder/address in the USA or Canada, this potential buyer is asking if I would ship APO/DPO.

I understand that this is a joint US army USPS postal service that allows army personnel stationed outside the USA to have a US postal address (APO Army Post Office) that they can use as if they where living in the USA. Anything shipped to this APO will be forwarded to wherever they are  in the world, in this case to the Belgian DPO / Diplomatic Post Office located in the US embassy.

Talking to an eBay rep. or to a Canada Post rep. has been pretty much a waste of time. Neither where familiar with the APO/DPO system and neither had an answer  to this "simple" question: How can I protect myself from a "item not received" claim that eBay/Paypal will reimburse the buyer unless I can prove that the item was received (signature at the registered shipping address). In this case there are 2 addresses / APO in the US and APO in Belgium ???

If you have a direct experience or know where I can find a definite and complete answer to this question, I would appreciate your input.

ps. The item for auction has a value of aprox 1,500.00$

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

shipping via apo/dpo

While you are badly overthinking this, I would suggest that you cancel the bid and add the buyer to you Blocked Bidder List.

Problem solved.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply