Combine multiple purchases from one buyer

Hi, everyone.

I have a buyer who has purchased and paid for 2 items separately (about an hour apart). I am looking to combine the 2 items into one package and print only one shipping label, instead of shipping the items separately.

I remember reading elsewhere on the boards that if you selected the items in Selling Manager and select "Print Shipping Labels" from the drop-down menu, it would recognize the items were to the same buyer and combine them. I have tried this multiple times and it still just wants to create a separate label for each item.

I already plan on making a trip to the post office tomorrow so if it's not possible to do online then it's not a big deal, but I'm just wondering if there is a way to combine two (or more) shipments into one for the purpose of creating one shipping label.

Thanks for your time,

Chris

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm not aware of any way to combine them automatically once they have been paid for but then I've never tried to do that either. All you do is package them together, weigh etc. and fill in the info for the label. If it is going out of the country, manually add the information for the second item on the customs part of the form.  Manually mark the second one as shipped and if there is a tracking number, manually add that too.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I'm not aware of any way to combine them automatically once they have been paid for but then I've never tried to do that either. All you do is package them together, weigh etc. and fill in the info for the label. If it is going out of the country, manually add the information for the second item on the customs part of the form.  Manually mark the second one as shipped and if there is a tracking number, manually add that too.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for replying, pj.

I didn't realize I was allowed to add multiple items to the customs form if they weren't listed as part of that specific purchase on PayPal. I will try that route and see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The combined postage will probably be less than the postage your buyer paid for separate purchases.

Most sellers will refund the buyer the difference using Paypal Send Money. And buyers normally appreciate this courtesy.

Remember however that PP did charge you two service charges and you can adjust the refund to reflect that fact, if you think that is reasonable.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for replying, femme.

This is a courtesy I've had extended to me as a buyer myself, so I appreciate how nice it is myself. I make sure to do the same for any buyer who may have been charged more for shipping than the quoted cost, such as in the case of combined shipping.

Thanks for your input!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply