Will not let me buy until I leave phone number

This is a Cnd seller I've dealt with many times in the past, when I go to pay paypal tells me it won't let the purchase through without a phone number.  Won't provide one.  What are my options?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hello 'hagbard72',

Why not provide it?  After all, no matter who you are dealing with regarding the transaction,

be it the seller, the folks at ebay, paypal, or the postal workers, all of them know where you live.

A phone number doesn't matter much.

Besides, no one will ever use it.  However you pay, - bank account or credit card, - those people

already have your phone number.  So if you are attempting to pay from the Pay Now link in

your Purchase History, it will be perfectly safe. 

Most people are apprehensive about offering information in email links, but if you always pay

for your items from your ebay Purchase History page, - you can't get safer than that.

And if you buy from someone outside Canada, you will need to provide your phone number for

Customs purposes.  So give them the number and get your item on its way.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I had one of those last week..I provided the phone number and they gave me a four digit code and immediately my phone rang and it will a robo call from PayPal and I had to enter the four digit code.

After that I was able to use PayPal.

I looks like it is a safety measure.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh boy!  It may be a problem for deaf sellers!  PayPal don't have telephone device to call any deaf persons at any time.  Hope it will not happen to me one day!  Knock on wood 3 times!!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply