trying to contact a ebay rep - seller has not marked my item as shipped

would like to get in touch with a ebay rep... purchased item #301049161022 and seller has not marked item as shipped... as the item has not been marked as shipped I would like a refund or to be told my item is shipped

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Ebay has no way of knowing if the item has shipped or not and they will tell you to first contact the seller. It's possible that the seller just didn't mark it as shipped...have you contacted the seller to ask if and when they did ship it?  Packages from China can take 4 or 5 weeks.

I just checked the seller's feedback and it is horrible and has a lot of comments from buyers saying they did not receive their items. You should file an item not received claim in the resolution center. Do not close the claim until you get your refund.

As a general rule, it is best not to leave feedback until the transaction has either been completed or you have been refunded.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

http://resolutioncentre.ebay.ca/

Get your money back. You will never receive anything from the seller no matter how long you wait.

The automatic Dispute service requires no human interaction. Use it.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

As has been pointed out - Feedback for this seller raises one HUGE RED flag...B  A  A  D!  Even though you're only out $3+ the very first thing you should do before purchasing or bidding on anything is CHECK FEEDBACK.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hello 'rkjwoelfle',

As the other members here have explained, you will not likely receive your item because

the seller clearly lists items without ever having any intention of sending them.

You bought that on April 2, yes?  An item bought internationally on April 2 would not likely have

arrived anyway, but there is another reason why you will certainly not be getting yours:

The seller should not be mailing those things in the first place. 

A canister, however small, of butane gas is considered 'non-mailable'.  It comes under the

'dangerous goods' policy of Canada Post.  Even if your seller had put it in the mail, once it got

to Canada Customs, it would have been confiscated and you would never have heard any more

about it.  See for yourself:

http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/pgnonmail-e.asp

Scroll down to section 6.1, Transportation of dangerous goods classes/index, and see 

Class 2:  Compressed Gasses.

So yes, the best thing to do now is get your 3+ bucks back.  (Well, with the exchange rate you probably

paid about 4.25, but better in your wallet than someone else's.)

And then for future reference, have a look through the following link detailing what to do if an item

does not arrive, or is not what the listing featured even if it does:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

If you insist on buying from China, items can easily take more than 45 days to arrive. 

Never mind that, --  if you do not have your item by day 43, open a claim.

You do not need to have the claim concluded by that time,  just started.  And from there you have 21

more days before you need to close it.  That will give items coming on a 'slow boat' lots of time to arrive.

If you get refunded and an item finally shows up, you simply repay the seller.

But right now you have a low feedback score and too many sellers over there smugly anticipate that

newbies do not know how to get refunds so the sellers don't bother to send the item.

Don't let that happen to you.

Best of luck  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The seller should not be mailing those things in the first place. 

A canister, however small, of butane gas is considered 'non-mailable'.

I think the listing is just for the adapter tip, not the canister??

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

<<I think the listing is just for the adapter tip, not the canister>>

Aaah, could be.  I had been reading the post about the seller who got restricted after continuing

to sell perfumes (full bottles, not just the lids! Smiley LOL )  so I suppose my mind was still there.

Well, if 'rkjwoelfle' really wants the item he may yet receive it, although doubtful, given the seller's

feedback.  If he wants to see if it shows up, he will need to wait a realistic amount of time, but

certainly file for 'Not received' by day 43.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

its not filled with gas... its an adapter for a lighter to have gas refill the lighter.... thanks for the replies though, it is just $4. I also cannot use the resolution centre as it goes through paypal and I did not have a paypal account when I placed my order, so paypal is no help whatsoever.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Well, how did you pay then?

I somehow doubt you sent your credit card number and expiry date to some strange seller in Asia.

Since your credit card company is involved anyway, call the 1-800 number on the card and ask for a chargeback for non-delivery. Have the value, the dates and if possible the transaction number handy to help the clerk process your refund.

But there must be some system for tracking 'guest' purchases. Does anyone know what it is?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply