Canadian Seller here at my wit's end with eBay's Managed Payments (MP) nonsense.

Hi all!

Hoping to get some clarify and resolution in this matter.  

Thank you in advance for your insights. 

I am a Canadian Seller who has only ever sold on ebay.com. Up until I was -like many- forced to switch to MP and herein lies all the mess that has ensued since. 

Upon signing up for managed payments, the customer service rep asked me to pick USD or CAD for my payout currency. I opted for USD and she clarified that since I am being paid in USD by my customers, eBay will need convert the USD payments to CAD in order to transfer it into my accoumt. My account is Canadian dollars in a Canadian bank (Simplii financial). She said that in addition to the conversion rate I will have to pay a ebay's small exchange fee % for the conversion.

So all was said and done and I thought we were in the clear. All that was left to finalize eveerything was to confirm the micropayments ebay was to deposit in my account that I would then have to confirm it's amounts and then all was good to go.

I recieved no micropayments. Instead, I recieved a message from eBay stating that my MP is ready to use. Great. So I go ahead and send my two payments recieved for two sales to my bank accont via MP. 

That was 3 weeks ago. Several phone calls, emails, chat conversations later, still no money. Payments show as blocked. Ebay says its my bank. My bank says its not them, its Ebay. All banking info is correct; excluding the fact that I'm missing nearly $300 CAD in ebay sales. 

Today I speak to another ebay phone rep and they tell me that the money is blocked by ebay because my bank account doesnt accept USD. Well of course not, its a Canadian account. I explained exactly how I was instructed to sign up for MP and also saw in my previous correspeondances with eBay that I was told that ebay will convert the funds from USD to Canadian prior to sending it to my account and that I was told it's fine to select USD as payout currency. He said unfortunately there is nothing he or anyone can do. Verbatim he said: "Ebay, especially MP is constantly changing and what you were preivously told does not apply any longer. You will have to open a USD bank account to get your money." 

NO words.

I've taken down my listings on eBay and don't know how much longer it'll be until eBay gives me my $300 that they are unlawfully holding onto. I truly am feel awful for those who are big time/full time sellers on ebay who are having it much worse and are suffering losses much greater than $300. Alas, money is money. eBay is unlawfully forcing its' sellers into a program that they thesmelves have no understanding of and unless they fix this they will see a horrid result due to their lack of recourse in resolving this.

Is there anyway I can edit or delete my MP account adn start a new? Since clearly the first rep who helped me set up my MP had "outdated information", I am thinking that if I change my currecny payout to CAD then hopefully this can be fixed. But everyone I speak to says that I cannot change my payout currency.

Anyone else having similar issues? Any solutions?

Thank you so much to all who took the time to read. Sending you all an extra-supportive pat on the back to know you're not alone in this nonsense.

xo

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Canadian Seller here at my wit's end with eBay's Managed Payments (MP) nonsense.

Yep. I held out for as long as possible in the hope that by the time PP was no longer an available payment processor all the kinks would have been worked out.

Nope.

I have four active selling account all in Managed Payments, and not one has received any payouts yet.

The four accounts use four different banks (because: reasons) and all four are screwed up, each in a different way.

One of those is with Simplii (CBIC).

I'm working on getting this account straightened out before I go on to the rest.  It does not help that the emails I get are addressed to my personal name and do not identify which account the message is about.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Canadian Seller here at my wit's end with eBay's Managed Payments (MP) nonsense.

I've been considering closing out two of my accounts, one open since 2002, and opening a new one just to clear up the MP mess.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@laylasoutlet wrote:

I am a Canadian Seller who has only ever sold on ebay.com.

Upon signing up for managed payments, the customer service rep asked me to pick USD or CAD for my payout currency. I opted for USD and she clarified that since I am being paid in USD by my customers, eBay will need convert the USD payments to CAD in order to transfer it into my accoumt. My account is Canadian dollars in a Canadian bank (Simplii financial). She said that in addition to the conversion rate I will have to pay a ebay's small exchange fee % for the conversion.

Today I speak to another ebay phone rep and they tell me that the money is blocked by ebay because my bank account doesnt accept USD. --- he said: "Ebay, especially MP is constantly changing and what you were preivously told does not apply any longer. You will have to open a USD bank account to get your money.

Is there anyway I can edit or delete my MP account adn start a new? Since clearly the first rep who helped me set up my MP had "outdated information", I am thinking that if I change my currecny payout to CAD then hopefully this can be fixed. But everyone I speak to says that I cannot change my payout currency...

Unfortunately the reps have been guessing at answers when it comes to cross currency for MP on ebay.ca

The way it was supposed to work:  If you opted for US$ you need a US$ account (at Canadian bank) to accept the payments. No conversion for US$ sales, conversion for sales in CA$ with payout in US$.

Have you tried getting a US$ account at your bank?

tyler@ebay-- is there a list of Canadian banks/credit unions that are known to have bank accounts that can successful accept US$ from Managed Payments?

-;-

Note: Been on MP for 4 months, but my payouts are in Canadian $ (to tangerine.ca).  My ebay.com sales are converted to Canadian $ from US$. No converting for ebay.ca sales. No problems receiving my weekly payouts.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I am in the same boat only the difference is I pay my fees in USD, I only now list on Ebay.com but for some reason all my transactions are converting from USD to CDN.  They are all suppose to go in to my CDN USD bank account with TD here in Canada.  Ebay says there are micro deposits and I have seen none.  Probably because Ebay is trying to deposit CDN dollars into a USD account.  I asked if I could start over and get a new innvite from Ebay.com, and the rep said no.  The only way is to close my Ebay account which I have had for years and start all over.  I had over 5,000 listings ended by Ebay because the banking info could not be verified by them.  Seriously this is a joke.  Ebay should be able to do something about this.  Instead they tell us they CAN'T do anything at all about it.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Same here

Message 6 of 6
latest reply