Ebay makes it impossible for older Canadian accounts to get their money

There are already multiple users complaining about this issue, and ebay's only solution is to blame its users and recommend they open new bank accounts which will not work. I have contacted tech support a dozen times and it feels like that movie Groundhog's Day. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Finally got an answer. It's not the one I wanted, but I finally got through to the right team and they are going to pay me.

Managed Payments support was a waste of time. You need account security team: https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/setting-changing-automatic-payment-method/man...

Debjani
14:58 PM
Thank you for waiting . I really appreciate your patience . I ave double checked the details. Hoever, You maybe aware that, eBay and PayPal has parted ways and we are solely managing payments for our sellers and sending payments of their sold items directly to their bank accounts. Since this change, we were sending invites to our sellers in batches based on their account type, region their account is located and this is the reason why, we stopped taking requests to make above changes.

mephistopheles93
14:59 PM
ok

mephistopheles93
can you fix it?

Debjani
15:01 PM
To fix this you need to create a new account on ebay.ca as the registration site cannot be changed as of now.

mephistopheles93
how can i get my money out?

mephistopheles93
15:02 PM
you see the problem is i have $1700 on this acct

mephistopheles93
15:03 PM
and it is not taking my canadian bank acct

Debjani
For funds to be sent to you, this issue has been escalated to the internal team and they will contact you regarding the payout sent to your paypal account..

mephistopheles93
15:04 PM
so the only solution is to start over?

Debjani
15:05 PM
So the funds will be sent to you within 2-3 weeks from now.

mephistopheles93
this will affect my sell limits and feedback?

Debjani
15:07 PM
On opening a new account the previous account will not be linked to the new one. We would like to thank you for staying with us and choosing eBay as your online marketplace of choice. We at ebay, completely understand how important reviews and account history are for sellers, as they bring buyers to their listings. But, unfortunately, due to recent changes in managed payment department, I'd request you to create a new account with your correct and up to date details.

mephistopheles93
ok if that's the only way

mephistopheles93
15:08 PM
thx for help

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

This was my most recent interaction with tech support who abruptly ended the session. This is a terrible way to treat loyal 20+ year users. 

devon@ebay this is what we have been dealing with.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

and this is all I will say about your thread:

From FORUM GUIDELINES:

Keep private information confidential. Email and private message content is intended only for the recipient(s) and should not be shared publicly without consent. Using the forums to share this information or the private details of another person without consent, or for the purpose of shaming another member, will be edited or removed. This includes (but is not limited to) personal names, addresses, tracking numbers, private messages, chat transcripts, or emails from Community members, moderators, or eBay employees.

"This includes (but is not limited to) personal names, addresses, tracking numbers, private messages, chat transcripts, or emails from Community members, moderators, or eBay employees."

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Sumegha
13:02 PM...6. The same bank account is not attached to any other eBay account.

AHA!
I was told differently in a chat, and I believe this was subsequently confirmed by devon@ebay ,  when one of two accounts attached to a single bank account was suddenly unable to have money transferred.
After some time, I opened a different account and the Held payments were promptly transferred.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Finally got an answer. It's not the one I wanted, but I finally got through to the right team and they are going to pay me.

Managed Payments support was a waste of time. You need account security team: https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/setting-changing-automatic-payment-method/man...

Debjani
14:58 PM
Thank you for waiting . I really appreciate your patience . I ave double checked the details. Hoever, You maybe aware that, eBay and PayPal has parted ways and we are solely managing payments for our sellers and sending payments of their sold items directly to their bank accounts. Since this change, we were sending invites to our sellers in batches based on their account type, region their account is located and this is the reason why, we stopped taking requests to make above changes.

mephistopheles93
ok

mephistopheles93
can you fix it?

Debjani
To fix this you need to create a new account on ebay.ca as the registration site cannot be changed as of now.

mephistopheles93
how can i get my money out?

mephistopheles93
15:02 PM
you see the problem is i have $1700 on this acct

mephistopheles93
and it is not taking my canadian bank acct

Debjani
For funds to be sent to you, this issue has been escalated to the internal team and they will contact you regarding the payout sent to your paypal account..

mephistopheles93
15:04 PM
so the only solution is to start over?

Debjani
So the funds will be sent to you within 2-3 weeks from now.

mephistopheles93
this will affect my sell limits and feedback?

Debjani
On opening a new account the previous account will not be linked to the new one. We would like to thank you for staying with us and choosing eBay as your online marketplace of choice. We at ebay, completely understand how important reviews and account history are for sellers, as they bring buyers to their listings. But, unfortunately, due to recent changes in managed payment department, I'd request you to create a new account with your correct and up to date details.

mephistopheles93
ok if that's the only way

mephistopheles93
15:08 PM
thx for help
Message 5 of 5
latest reply