Money held back

What happens to the money held back by Ebay if the account can't be re-verified? Does the money go to charity or will it show up in the quarterly shareholder report as a net gain?  

Can any competent Ebay employee answer my questions?

Cheers

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Money held back

This Board is for member to member contacts.

But tyler@ebay  is answering questions tomorrow (and most Wednesdays).

There have been several threads on problems with Managed Payments. Mine went on for two months.

FWIW

• Micro deposits don't work because of currency exchange
  • You don't have to give your SIN, but you it's not illegal to give it voluntarily.
  • There seem to be more problems with bank accounts held in US dollars than those held in loonies.
  • When it finally does get straightened out, the Held funds are transferred promptly.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Money held back

........but....but what happens to the money????    Cheers

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Money held back

It goes into the checking account at a Canadian bank that you have shown is yours.

Did you choose a Canadian bank?

Did you choose a chequing account?

Is the account held in loonies? Is it held in US funds?

• There seems to be some difficulty with accounts in US funds. Those take longer to solve.

Do your bank account, eBay registration, and application for Managed Payments all use the exact same version of your name?

• If your name is John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith, and your bank account is JJ Jingleheimer Smith, your eBay registration is JJJSmith, and your MP application is John JJ Smith, the robots will have a nervous breakdown.

The truly stupid one I ran into was that eBay randomly chose one of my bank accounts to set up with MP.  Not the one I would have chosen but...

Then - and it took months to figure this out-- they attached the account number from one of my accounts to the transit number for a different bank (where I also had an account).

A sharp-eyed teller at one of the banks found that one.

Corrections made, money transferred.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply