Payment on hold ???

zoom81
Community Member

Hi members,

i' m a new seller since one month and i have received few payment already. I have one last payment on hold even if the package was delivered. So i need to wait ? Cause like i said i received some payment with no issue after the delivery.

thanks for the help

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Payment on hold ???

There is a Hold of up to 21 days on payments to new sellers. Usually it is shorter.

But the algorithm that runs this may get nervous when a newbie is "too successful". Remember that your customers have 30 days from delivery to Dispute transactions.

And PP (and most credit cards) allow up to 180 days.

Also sportscards are a high fraud category-- on both sides of the transactions.

And some of your items are high value as well.

BTW- one good way to build your feedback is to leave it on shipment- especially if you are not using tracking.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Payment on hold ???

There is a Hold of up to 21 days on payments to new sellers. Usually it is shorter.

But the algorithm that runs this may get nervous when a newbie is "too successful". Remember that your customers have 30 days from delivery to Dispute transactions.

And PP (and most credit cards) allow up to 180 days.

Also sportscards are a high fraud category-- on both sides of the transactions.

And some of your items are high value as well.

BTW- one good way to build your feedback is to leave it on shipment- especially if you are not using tracking.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Payment on hold ???

Hi

thanks for your time to answer me.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Payment on hold ???

My experience with a new eBay selling ID started Dec 2020 was no holds at all for sales using PayPal old account. When switching to managed payments in March or April, payments were held 30 days. This went on for the first two months at least. I don't think buyer feedback or confirmed delivery made and difference to release funds but I didn't check. I think it was held for 30 days because of eBay money back guarantee.  I had no issues with setting up and using Managed Payments. Funds transferred every week on Tuesday using weekly payments once the hold expired. 

So I do not think there is a 21 day hold. Old PayPal way. I think it is 30 days with MP.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Payment on hold ???

When I first started selling (under MP), payments were held until the package was marked as delivered (for tracked packaged) or about 6 days after the max estimated arrival date if no shipping info was uploaded. These were in line with eBay's hold policy. The 21 days should only ever happen if you didn't mark the item as shipped or provide tracking information. 

These holds went away after about 3 weeks and about 10 successfully delivered sales, even though eBay lists longer and higher requirements than this for new sellers.  I never experienced anything over 21 days as a new seller under the hold policy, even for items that took longer than 21 days to arrive. This probably varies considerably between sellers though as eBay probably considers more than it lists when deciding who gets what limits. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Payment on hold ???

Hello, I just started selling and having big problems with getting my money!!!!
Is their anything that can be done other than closing my account with eBay. Is this the only forum to complain 

or is there no point in complaining. Seems they have time to cover the buyer with protection but not 

the sellers. I had a coin go missing and eBay reimbursed the buyer from my account, that is being held for 30

days. Their was also a message FROM eBay telling me that my funds are available but still holding my money.

Is this the only place to hold eBay to account ????????

please help with rhis matter.           Thanks

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Payment on hold ???

How long has the payment been on hold?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply