hello dear have a nice day

i have a question because my payaout are hold still what is the reson for it

thanks

thisara

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

about payouts

You have three negative feedback from unhappy customers.

While feedback is not used by eBay to assess member accounts, negatives are usually left by naive customers who do not know  that.

What we can't see is how many customers filed Claims and won them.

Those will be used to assess your selling ability.

If you have Defects from Claims, eBay will restrict your selling account and part of that could be  a Hold on your customer payments, until eBay is satisfied that your customer service has improved.

Most holds are for 30 days and you can buy shipping labels with Held funds.

Or it could be the misleading title that one of your customers complained about 175548238000

Which says in the title you are selling a tool kit, but in the description that it is only a metal sign.

And your listing says you ship from Sri Lanka, but you are dropshipping from China.

Your supplier is a crook and is going to destroy your business. Stop selling his products.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

about payouts

me thinks the reason is obvious and has been pointed out to you already.  Perhaps best to sell your own products and remember to Sell what you know, Know what you sell.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

about payouts

(Just realized i was logged in the wrong account pertaining to this post and can't see how to correct it...)

For what it's worth, i have two ebay accounts and this one recently started holding payments until delivery is confirmed. i have had these accounts for ~17 years; no negatives or neutrals, complaints etc.  i am guilty of not selling anything on it for a little while, though i had some items listed (my other account had sales of expensive items). The first hold was on $1000 worth just before Christmas.

In the mean time, i since sold a half-dozen or so items, all shipped same/next business day and received with positive feedback, but they are still holding payment. i am told they very much appreciate my 17years on ebay but there is nothing they can do about it, performance on my other account (mostly higher-value items) has no bearing on it and no mention as to when they will remove the holds.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

about payouts

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM...

Well, this is not as ancient as some revived threads, but the circumstances are very different.

In your case, although youhave been a member for many years, you only sell occasionally.

Occasional and returning sellers, like new sellers, have a Hold put on payments for up to 30 days against customer satisfaction.

You can,as you probably already know, buy your discounted shipping labels with the Held funds.

The problem for occasional sellers is that they may not be as up to date with the constant,unending changes in the selling platform and that can affect both buyers and sellers.

More important with occasional sellers is that scammers will hijack a high FB but rarely used account.  With the Hold, there is usually enough time to stop the frauds and refund the naive buyers.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

about payouts

Understood,thanks.

i find intersting the interpretation of 'occasional selling', in my case being not selling quick enough, as i always had some items listed on that account, so technically it was active and i hadn't stopped selling, nor was i 'returning', just hadn't made sales.

Granted, when i did add some new pieces, i didn't know 2 particular vintage speakers would bring $1000 at auction and at the time i thought they would be better suited for that account. The next items i added also brought in a surprising ~$1000 at auction.

But also, the discussion here and elsewhere references the seller, but it actually is about the account. i informed ebay that i have another account and it is also in good standing, shipping same day, same format, ship-from address et al, so in my case, safety is verified, but was told ebay doesn't care, it is only the account and a half-dozen sales later the funds are still being withheld when clearly there is no risk to anyone.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

about payouts

i am fine-ecclectic, but i meant originally to post from this account (i have two).

Shortly after posting the original comment, the hold was lifted and all was back to normal. i sold about a dozen items since that hold was initiated with no probs (eight i think since it was lifted), two of which brought in over $1000.

Sold an item the other day (under $300CAD) and see the hold is back on.  For what it's worth, been here since '06 in good standing and neither of my accounts have had any strikes that i am aware of. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply