100K Free Insertion Fee Listings - how long is this promo running?

It says it runs till July 1st but so do all other promos, even the 200 items for free which is part of every account shows also ending 1. July, 2021

----

100K Free Insertion Fee Listings

No insertion fees on 100,000 Listings including Good 'Til Cancelledopens in a new window or tab

Start:1 Jun 2021 at 0:00 EDT
End:1 Jul 2021 at 0:00 EDT

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Going by the various promos we've had over the past two years, it will run until July 1st, 2021,  but it may well be renewed for another month after that.

Or there may be another, possibly smaller, promotion after that.

If you don't have a Store, you have 250 Free Listings on dot CA and another 250 Free Listings on dotCOM.

If you are over that count when the promo ends, you will be paying 35c for each new listing.

And Fixed Price Listings are Good Til Cancelled, which means they will automatically relist.

BTW , a Fixed Price Listing from  the June I promo will relist on July 1. A  Fixed Price Listing from June 29 is still free under the promo and will relist on July 29.

So.

Spread your new listings over the month (which is also helpful because you will have new listings almost every day in the popular Newly Listed Search).

Keep an eye on the number of listings you have up as the month ends.

Be ready to close listings if the promo ends.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Yes, the spreading listings over the period of the month known to improve visibility and potentially sales on other items ..... as long as the items being offered are related or similar.  Otherwise the boost in visibility comes from compliance and sales volume. Ebay doesn't reindex the whole store if I add new items, it only indexes the newly added items. To get visibility all across the listings need to be ended and then reposted again which consumes credits, but since there are 100,000 I can in theory do that every day, which is possible I am going to try to see if it boosts sales. 

If there is an issue with visibility, it is easier to call support and ask to refresh the store, but you need to have a good reason for it for instance problem with the buyer you can't solve and point towards problem with ebay for example ...

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Closing a batch of listings is a matter of a few clicks to put them into your Unsold List, then re-listing them a week later another few.

For those who might not know Go To-> Selling->Listings-> Active Listings

Click on the listing you want to close temporarily.

At the top of the List Go To->Actions->End Listings and click

The chosen listings will go to your Unsold List.

When you want to reopen them Go To-> Listings-> Unsold

And choose either Relist or Sell Similar.

If you choose Relist, your listings will return to Active duty unchanged, including I believe the number of Viewers and the number of Watchers. Watchers will be notified of the Relist.

If you choose Sell Similar, you can make changes to the listings, and some believe that the SS listing gets better visibility than the Relisted ones.

I know you know this, but many others will read the thread.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Does this same strategy work even without a store? Sooo many of my older listings of popular items weren't showing up on my test searches. So i ended them and relisted. I hope that does the trick!
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Yes.

Non-Stores can go on Vacation -- now called Time Away, I suspect because some rather dim and unimaginative sellers were not using it when they went into hospital or the like. "I can't afford a vacation." was the reason one seller on dotCOM gave me when I suggested it.

Oh-- you mean the close and relist strategy.  Don't see why not.

I'm almost convinced that  just picking up a book and reading the title increases the chances of it selling... I've seen it happen.

Almost.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@itolduandso wrote:

It says it runs till July 1st but so do all other promos, ....

----

100K Free Insertion Fee Listings

No insertion fees on 100,000 Listings including Good 'Til Cancelled

This temporary monthly promo will run a long as ebay.ca feels like using it.

Been running since end of last year.

I think of it as ebay.ca's covid-19 response and ebay's solution to the MP conversion blues (they did something similar when GTC became the only option for BIN).

I like the listing flexibility it gives me. I'll be sad when it leaves.

-;-

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Is relisting them "a week later" the best practice ot just an example? How about relisting them a couple of hours or minutes later? Woudl it be the same thing?  Or is the weeks wait time for Ebay indexing the remove them and then again add them back?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@itolduandso wrote:

Is relisting them "a week later" the best practice ot just an example? How about relisting them a couple of hours or minutes later?

Somewhere in the ebay help files there is mention of up to 24 hours for indexing -- so less than a day would probably not be a good idea. When you relist, there is index time PLUS the time it takes for buyers to discover your listing.  One reason ebay discourages 1 day auctions.

-;-

Message 9 of 9
latest reply