Forum Posts

Resolved! New to MP, I need help signing up.

I just got my notice to change to MP by June 15th. There is no point in dragging my feet and waiting, I decided I just need to bite the bullet and sign up.My problem is that I am nearly 79 years old and I have some memory problems. I am fine doing eB...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Does ebay give special privilege for some sellers?

A couple of months ago, I tried to sell an adult magazine. Before I listed the magazine, I chatted with an agent and checked the guidelines. So I followed the instruction such as covering the exposure of the skins and then listed it on the magazine c...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller Hub Shortcuts

Anyone else missing all their Seller Hub shortcuts they manually entered over the course of recent time? Mine are all gone on both dot ca and dot com. They were a variety of tools I use regularly for researching products, Canadapost links etc. This i...

Resolved! Canadian Banks and US dollars- Managed Payments.

@ simeovivia0 --If you are selling in USD, you do not need to register for managed payments at this time. We’ll reach out to you when it’s time to register. -- Weekly Chat. Well, no.I for one sell in both US dollars (dotCOM) and in Canadian dollars (...

Any progress with shipping rate tables? Create both Canada by province and US state? Delete unused?

It's been 3 years. I tried to setup rate tables when they were released but they were so cumbersome and limited I just gave up on them. For instance on Ebay.ca you couln't get rates configured by US States. on EBay.com I can't get configured Canadian...

rt1.png

Managed Payments and PayPal

Right now I am still under the 'old' system of using PayPal for my sales. I received the messaging that I must convert to Managed Payments or else, so I'm trying to learn about Managed Payments. Apparently under MP, buyers can still pay for items pur...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

.CA Economy Shipping Estimated Time Glitch. AKA Shifting Sands of Economy Shipping Times.

A .CA item sold Friday and the estimated Economy shipping time from Canada to the US showed up as 4 to 7 business days instead of the longer timeframe it showed before. That was a shock, and when I checked my listings this was across the board for ab...

• 4 replies
  • 1 helpful

MANAGED PAYMENTS IS COMING TO CANADA SOONER THEN YOU THINK!!

Just got this email this afternoon and it looks like eBay will be implementing the registration stage into Managed Payments in the coming weeks... It's a good thing I changed my store subscription from yearly to monthly as of April 1st/2020 as I will...

Resolved! Shipping Calculator broken: temporary workarounds to use

We've found posts on ebay Canada Community that go back to the end of October of 2017 which state a seller noticed this problem with the ebay Canada Shipping Calculator where it won't show postage choices on the Item Listing page for destinations out...

• 27 replies
  • 4 helpful

Got the register for manage payments order.....

So got the request..... fine so went to educate myself , yes shocking I know, so clicked on the learn more video and this is where it took me : Neue Zahlungsabwicklung bei eBay | eBay for Business DE - YouTube SO.....canada ebay linked to germany man...

Special Promotion fee? Managed Payments

Just joined Managed Payments today. Does anyone know what the Special Promotion is? and is there a fixed % for that? My fees should be $6.33 -11.5% = 0.73 for this part of the transaction but then i get this discount? Fees based on: C $6.33Final Valu...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay.COM + MP with Canadian local USD or Canada's U.S. subsidiary USD or Transferwise USD accounts

This topic was beaten up to oblivion here and elsewhere. I understand Canadian sellers with accounts on the US Ebay.COM can now attach the USD account when invited to Managed Payments. What USD account can I have? Can it be the bank of Canadian US br...

Enrolled in MP, How long until ebay activates it?

I was surprised after registering for MP when I got the note below that it would be so long to go into effect. Any feedback on how long it takes to get the notice that activation will be in two weeks? "Thank you for your interest in managed payments....

• 22 replies
  • 1 helpful

Ebay managed payment is a mess.

Around 16th. May, a guy from Ebay, Luis Alvarado, gave me a call and asked me to register Ebay managed payment.Because there was a 20% final value fee promotion for sellers register before May 18th., I've done the registration the next day. However, ...

• 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Who writes these things?

"Congratulations! Since you updated your account details, eBay is now managing payments for your account." The author could get a job at the dentist:"Congratulations! You qualify for a root canal! or a medical center:""Congratulations! You qualify fo...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Shipping large and heavy items to the US from Canada

I am hoping to sell some items thru ebay from Canada to the US.The weight is about 60 pounds.I usually just buy on ebay. BUT am hoping to sell to another ebayer that I am in contact with and want to do everything thru ebay and Paypal. Can anyone sugg...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tracking not updating

Just curious. I've only been selling for a few months and I've seen eBay tracking be behind by a couple of days but I now have some listings delivered weeks ago still showing no updates at all in eBay. Is it always this bad? (The CP updates are all a...

force mp date approaching, never used ebay shipping directly before only via paypal. can't add insur

as most seller might already got the email telling the manage payment date is approaching, i wanted to see how the ebay shipping works as i had never used it in my 19years on ebay.i have always used canada postal via paypal site directly attached thr...

Resolved! Absolutely Dead Sales This Week...

Hey all! I've had a very solid first 3 months selling and there has been a predictably in the consistency of sales. It does appear that every month towards the last several days of the month, sales taper off almost completely. This week has been the ...

Resolved! Need help crafting refusal to lowball offer buyer who now wants to buy

The last time this happened, I blocked the buyer, they used their friends account and surprise surprise the item arrived "damaged" and I had to refund. They both had good feedbacks, too, which surprised me. I think it maddened them when I blocked the...

Optimal currency setup

Looking for advice on currrency exchanges. I list items on Ebay.CA in CADEbay seller account statement is in USDEbay monthly membership is on US website billed in USDResident in Canada and registered on Ebay.CA (not ebay.COM)My Papal receives money i...

Labels