Can I pay for faster shipping out of pocket for my buyer?

Hi! I am a new seller, so sorry if this is a stupid question. Due to the pandemic and how sktechy the mail system can be right now, I want to upgrade my buyers shipping to xpress post US. I will be eating the cost myself, it's only like $5 more. Is this allowed? And will it just come out of my profit for the sale?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Yes you can choose to upgrade as long as you eat the cost*.

You can't decide to upgrade and charge the buyer more after the purchase unless they ask (sometimes they will ask for upgraded shipping and are willing to pay the extra, it is ok in that case).

* eating the cost means yes it comes out of your profits.

PS better to ask easy questions than not and find out the hard/expensive way!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You may find this helpful in future.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/information/app/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

These prices do not include the Expedited service you can buy with your Solutions for Small Business account, nor for any small discounts that you might get.

When you use Calculated Shipping your buyer sees the counter rate, not what you actually pay, which might be slightly lower.
I would suggest that you regard any difference as either a Handling and Packaging fee or as self-insurance against the day when a sale does not go perfectly . 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply