Ebay.COM + MP with Canadian local USD or Canada's U.S. subsidiary USD or Transferwise USD accounts

This topic was beaten up to oblivion here and elsewhere.  I understand Canadian sellers with accounts on the US Ebay.COM can now attach the USD account when invited to Managed Payments.

What USD account can I have? 

Can it be the bank of Canadian US branch e.g. BMO Harris USD account in US? Or do I have to have say BMO USD account in Canada. Or both types of accounts are fine for MP?

How about Transferwise USD account?

I am looking into BMO Harris and Transferwise and both seem to work for Amazon USD sales and Paypal USD as well.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ebay.COM + MP with Canadian local USD or Canada's U.S. subsidiary USD or Transferwise USD accounts

marnotom!
Community Member

Adyen requires a US dollar chequing account from a Canadian bank or credit union.

Wise (formerly Transferwise) is not a bank, be it US, Canadian or otherwise.  BMO Harris is not a Canadian financial institution.

(I know you know that.  I'm just posting that for the benefit of others who may be reading this.)

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Oh my goodness.......... That means I got to have two USD accounts, once USD located in Canada and one USD located in US. What a nonsese this whole kerfuffle that's going on..

And the Chinese are laughing at us.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Well, keep in mind that you have a PayPal account that you couldn't and can't use for your Amazon sales.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes of course. Amazon requires USD checking in US bank so that's why I need BMO Harris or Transferwise USD similar for Amazon USD sales. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply