Absolutely Dead Sales This Week...

Hey all! I've had a very solid first 3 months selling and there has been a predictably in the consistency of sales. It does appear that every month towards the last several days of the month, sales taper off almost completely. This week has been the worst in almost 3 months. Literally 1 sale 2 days ago and none in prior 3 days..Is this just a normal occurence within the sales cycle or is there a bigger issue? Curious to know your thoughts!
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As a note, whatever most of us have to say probably won't apply to your situation. If I say my sales are great, it is probably irrelevant because I'm selling stamps and you're selling sportscards.

What I've found useful is find some folks selling similar stuff to you and watch their "sold" listings. You can infer a lot from that, including if they are also seeing a slowdown as well as what is not/moving.

Normally if mine are slow, I check my peers and see what's happening with them. Often they're having the same problems as me. Note though that even within a given category folks are selling different things or with different styles so one can only infer so much from that...

I also mentioned in a different thread that I also ask my postmaster, I live in a wee community and there are about 7 of us online sellers (various sites), my PMs impression of overall packages volumes going out is vague but useful information as well. That observation in the last few weeks is that things are generally slower than a month ago.....

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

As a note, whatever most of us have to say probably won't apply to your situation. If I say my sales are great, it is probably irrelevant because I'm selling stamps and you're selling sportscards.

What I've found useful is find some folks selling similar stuff to you and watch their "sold" listings. You can infer a lot from that, including if they are also seeing a slowdown as well as what is not/moving.

Normally if mine are slow, I check my peers and see what's happening with them. Often they're having the same problems as me. Note though that even within a given category folks are selling different things or with different styles so one can only infer so much from that...

I also mentioned in a different thread that I also ask my postmaster, I live in a wee community and there are about 7 of us online sellers (various sites), my PMs impression of overall packages volumes going out is vague but useful information as well. That observation in the last few weeks is that things are generally slower than a month ago.....

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Interesting. Thanks so much for the input. Yeah I understand these things can be quite vague in terms of why sales might be slow. I have noticed a general pattern for sure towards last week of the month. Thanks for your perspective. 👍👌
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Sounds like you have already learned there is a rythym to your sales, strong at beginning of month and tapering off as the month wears on.

If you look back at last year's sales, was there the same rythym? In 2019? 2018?

Sometimes a slowdown is a stop. And then it restarts.

Sometimes you will get five sales in a row to Idaho or Italy.

Again, I don't sell in your category, so you will have to look at your own records.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

For sure. Yeah, it appears that there is a general halt towards end of month presumably for mortgages, rent, others bill etc. This week is just uncanny in terms of dead space, but also it might be attributed to nicer weather, more folks getting out and what not. I do think and maybe you can attest to this, but the algorithm seems to have a flow that no one can figure out either 🙂 Thanks for your intelligent input 👍👍
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

I wonder if you are selling a lot to Canada and after a loooong locked down winter some good weather has hit and folks are shifting their head space for a while.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hey Hombre! I've had sales all over internationally and in Canada of course. That might be right. Its interesting because the pricing and the blueprint has remained the same, however the results just haven't come in per normal this week. You're probably right that it's a combination of folks getting out a tad bit more. There is definitely a rhythm to the platform for each one of us sellers. I guess the thing is to not get too carried away right? Thanks for your input 👍
Message 7 of 7
latest reply