Canada Post 2022 Rate Chart as of June 6th

I have updated my chart because there have been so many changes since Jan.

Perhaps jasmen@ebay could remove the Jan chart which is pinned and put this one in its place.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Thank you!  - And it even printed although my computer has decided that it will not print anything in black.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Done, and done! 

Thanks so much!! 

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

mynic_lk
Community Member

thank you

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Recently CP prices change a lot, and too quickly.

US Small packet 95 g:

4 September - paid 9,30. 

11 September - paid 8.97.

15 September - paid 9.45. 

Image2.jpg

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

oh yes those fuel surcharges are very noticeably not stablizing...I increased all my shipping prices a few months ago to accommodate expected increases over the coming months and will not be adjusting them downward until there is a specific continuous decreasing trend...

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

oh yes those fuel surcharges are very noticeably not stablizing...I increased all my shipping prices a few months ago to accommodate expected increases over the coming months and will not be adjusting them downward until there is a specific continuous decreasing trend...

As I thought there also seems to be an issue with eBay applying the updated fuel surcharge at same rate to eBay Labels and Shippo. In the past the options matched. Last week or so the increase is not showing with Ebay labels. Could/would mean a revised bill down the road. Also means customer would be charged incorrectly for shipping. No way to recoup after the fact.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

I use flat rate shipping so I have more control over what shipping costs the buyer pays...have never had an issue with errors in the shipping costs when using eBay labels, but also have not purchased a shipping label through eBay since the end of August...

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Where can I find this?  I don't see it on this thread.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

I use flat rate shipping so I have more control over what shipping costs the buyer pays...have never had an issue with errors in the shipping costs when using eBay labels, but also have not purchased a shipping label through eBay since the end of August...

I've used calculated shipping for the most part since I started listing items over 15 years ago. I've been using Shippo because they always appear to be ahead of game when it came to any price changes. As for flat rate, really not looking forward to the next increase and having to adjust prices on 400 listings. But it will have to be done. 

As for the discrepancy I spotted, noticed entirely by accident. Guessing anyone that uses ebay labels sticks to eBay labels. Same goes for Shippo/Snap Ship/Net Parcel/Chit Chats etc. It's whatever you feel most comfortable with. I've never had any issues with Shippo and I they atleast have the ability to connect a SFB number whereas eBay's labels ummm....!! In the last 3 months I've used 1000 +- in postage. It may as well be accumulating on my behalf vs another party.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

@forester_studios wrote:

Where can I find this?  I don't see it on this thread.

@forester_studios 

If you are referring to the rates in the original post, you can see them if you click on the paper clip at the bottom of the first post.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

I have over 1300 items available for listing on eBay, but because I won't use anything but the monthly free listings (I sell low value items), the items are alternated from month to month and I have been gradually re-working the shipping on all these listings...and no it's not fun...very time consuming...

I rarely see any difference in shipping prices between eBay shipping labels and Canada Post Snap Ship>I am at lowest level so insignificant savings for using the SolutionsforSmallBusiness designation. However, that Tracked Packet discount that CP has been giving over the past couple of months or so, is well worth it!

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Check your Selling-> Overview-> Promotional Offers.

I have about 10,000 on a Store account, but none on a non-Store account.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Was this fees for tracked parcel or lettermail? thank you 

Message 15 of 26
latest reply

Is it possible to print a canada lettermail shipping label using shippo?

Thank you.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Shipping labels are not available for lettermail.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

@shinycorner77 wrote:

Was this fees for tracked parcel or lettermail? thank you 

As his post says:  Small Packet

Small Packet USA does have a scan code that can be used for ebay tracking purposes (provided you do not buy the label through ebay). Scan code can not be viewed on the Canada Post or USPS websites. Maximum weight of 2kg.

Tracked Packet USA is officially tracked. Maximum weight of 2kg.

Lettermail is untracked.  And "officially" not for sales.  Maximum thickness of 2cm, maximum weight 500g.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

And Registration only works domestically. It still isn't clear if eBay accepts Registered mail as trackable. Registration cannot be purchased online either.

And, since I had a short polite discussion about this with a postal outlet clerk the other day, Registered Mail to the USA or overseas does not track outside of Canada. But the PO still will sell you the useless label.

Tracked Packet remains the cheapest reliably tracked Canada Post service.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

And, since I had a short polite discussion about this with a postal outlet clerk the other day, Registered Mail to the USA or overseas does not track outside of Canada. But the PO still will sell you the useless label.

Canada Post doesn't offer an official "Registered" service to the USA, anything sent "Registered" to the USA goes as Xpresspost with tracking and signature, so it will fully track and provide proof of delivery. But Tracked Packet is going to be cheaper than Xpresspost/Registered every time.

International Registered Letter-post does track to some locations. I've been trying to keep a small personal file of countries that show tracking for International registered letters. I can confirm that you will get tracking and delivery confirmation to the UK, Greece, Poland, Portugal, Vietnam, and Hong Kong. Only one of those (UK) allowed me to see the signature that was captured. Registered letters to the Philippines will track all the way until the final point of delivery but will never show a "Delivered" entry for some reason. Registered letters to The Netherlands and Germany do not show any international tracking updates. That is the extent of my monitoring thus far.

It's best to assume your international registered letter won't track in the destination country, but for many it does. Unfortunately there's no definitive list anywhere with this data.

Also Canada Post doesn't really promise international tracking (or delivery confirmation) with Registered Letter-post - what they do promise is "Proof of Mailing" (basically, proof that the item was sent out). If people require proof of delivery or a signature be collected they can purchase an AR card (Advice of Receipt) for a couple of bucks which gets attached to the letter and a hard copy of the recipient's signature is mailed back to them. Although for the purposes of eBay, I doubt this would be valid proof as it isn't electronically available.

Message 20 of 26
latest reply