A buyer received item but wants a refund

Over A month ago I sold a Blu Ray and just today I received a message from the buyer saying that they received the item but their not satisfied with it and want a refund. What the hell should I do? I’ve never had a problem like this before.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

What do they mean by not satisfied? Is the Blu Ray damaged? Or is it Buyer's Remorse? Do they want to keep the item & still get a refund?  Tell them to ship the item back & you will refund them when you receive it back. They need to pay for return shipping if it is buyer's remorse. But many buyers lie & say it is Not As Described.  If they do that I would call CS for help.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

They watched it and now want a refund, Ebay rental service.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Ebay makes provisions for cases like this with Returns. Tell your buyer to open a case with paypal or ebay and you will deal with it from there. You need more details from the buyer about the nature of their complaint, and ebay/paypal needs to know which buyers open what number of cases for which particular reasons. 

Be polite. Say something like, "I'm sorry to learn you feel dissatisfied. Please know you can open a Return case, and we'll take it from there."

Under no circumstances should you refund in full or even partially without the buyer opening a case, that's being hustled. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Also, your buyer is obligated to return the item in the same condition it was received under provisions of the ebay MoneyBack Guarantee. That means that if you sold a sealed DVD, they must return a sealed DVD, not one that's been watched. The only way the buyer can send you back a DVD that's been used is if they can claim it was defective and this you are able to verify on return. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The Blu Ray was brand new with the plastic seal still on it. So I messaged the buyer and told them if they want a refund ther gonna have to return it. This was yesterday when I messaged them and didn’t get a reply yet. If they request a refund will eBay refund them without my permission? Because I’m hoping to get the bluray back than refund them.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Once a case is open, there are established steps for both seller and buyer to follow.

You can ask for the DVD back before issuing a refund. And only when TRACKING shows the return is received do you give the refund. The only time ebay decides what to do is when one party goes AWOL and doesn’t respond. Or they’re asked to rule on the case which can happen after it’s Escalated.

I’ll look for a link to explain Returns and be back.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Is it possible the buyer was annoyed about the Digital Copy? Was the download for that expired, did you check?
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Have a read through this. It's the FAQ for Returns and covers just about all the bases. 

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/faq/returns-faq.html

Message 9 of 9
latest reply