A (lighthearted) milestone achieved in RICARMICland.....

This is what happens when one works all by themselves in their basement too long.

Me and my trusty camera celebrated the 125,000 picture milestone!

Those reading regularly will remember some time ago when I posted the 100,000 achievement. At that time, I didn't really expect it to survive long enough for another milestone but here it is! 

Anyway back to work again.....

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

A toast to you and your camera!

How did you keep track of that? I have no idea how many pictures I've taken.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Congrats ... that's a lot of shooting!  Must be numbering the files consecutively. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Yes I put somewhere around 1,000 pictures in each directory, normally just a bit more than 1,000. 

This makes it easier to scroll through to find the ones I need.

I just started 126.......so I'm probably over 125,000

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Impressive!

I have a lowly 28,000 in my eBay images folder.....I'm such a slacker!

Spoiler
It's true! I've created so few truly new listings in the past few years, it's been all rehash, rehash, rehash plus my reliable items that I have many multiples.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

RE; Spoiler Alert

I've been an ebay slacker since the postal strike last November. Very few new listings created ... even worse I found myself letting quite a few free listings go by unused. Whatever the reason(s) I lost my ebay mojo. Only now am I trying to get back on track, pulling new stuff out in to the light of day to write new listings again.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Very good. Wish I had kept all of my photos for posterity. Back in the days before dropbox and the like became popular I foolishly deleted a lot of interesting photos of sold items which I now regret doing. The last number of years I've done sort of like you have with a twist.

I have always made use of the custom field in listings using a unique alphanumeric value for each. Now, I  use that value as the photo filename so I can always easily find the photos for a listing if the need arises. Using alphanumeric values allows filing in folders by category, so there are a separate group of folders for each top level category. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I actually write the associated pictures on the item container....

Like: R125 6657-59 (everything is in the envelope or box it will be shipped in).

This way if anything ever happens I have the picture numbers if I have to recreate the listing.

(and as folks know, a few days ago I sold something that had been running for over 11 years so sometimes it takes a while to find the right buyer!!!)
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hmmm morning coffee wore off too soon, put an update in the wrong item....

Message 9 of 9
latest reply