A new promo showed up in My eBay Promotional Offers

Invited members only. Must activate offer. Auctions only, 5, 7 and 10 day duration. 500 total free listings. Only new listing, no relists.

January 9 to 15

Link to the eBay.ca offer I saw in My eBay Promotional offers. (No email or eBay message received yet, I get notification rarely).

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2015/0109/ListFree.html

Remember to activate offer. If you do not get the offer, try the link above and see if it will activate.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Interesting as I just had this promo show up in my eBay promotional offers

http://http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2015/0109/10for10.html

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I did not get your offer. I cannot activate it either so definitely not for me.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

I did not get your offer. I cannot activate it either so definitely not for me.

I don't want my offer Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I received a completely different offer. Save 10% on final value fees for 10 auction-style listings. What's the point! 😄

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2015/0109/10for10.html

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get both, save 10% on FVF and free listings.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

This strange new promo is a 1000% JOKE!!   Goody, 10% off FVF BUT still pay for the insertion fees for 10-day duration!!  So what is the point???

To eBay, what is the matter with you to keep coming up with insane idiots ideas like this one here??!!

We would love just to have free listings promos on auction-style and fixed-priced auctions at any time not this silly new promo here!!  Thanks!!

It seems that eBay thinks we would go "gaga" over this strange new idiot promo!!  No point here at all.  We prefer free insertion fees at any time. 

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

This strange new promo is a 1000% JOKE!!   Goody, 10% off FVF BUT still pay for the insertion fees for 10-day duration!! 

You shouldn't be charged for 10 day auctions.

Sellers who activate the offer and then create a listing in the auction-style format or auction-style with Buy It Now format, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein (“Qualifying Listing”), will pay no insertion fee per newly listed item (relisted items not included) and will receive 10% off the final value fees ("Promotion") for up to ten listings during the Promotion Period (as defined below). Sellers will also pay no additional fee for adding 10-day Duration to these listings

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Received the offer for the 500 free listings.

Does anyone know if you can use Turbolister? I imported some unsold and tried to relist and was charged a fee. I think somehow ebay sees this as a relist.

Have not tried a completely new listing on TL yet. I didn't see in the fine print anywhere where you could use listing tools for this promo.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I got the "activate" button so looks like I got the promo. Yes, doesn't work with "relist" but works with "sell similar". Too bad it's only 500, not 1000, though... 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

My habit is that I used "relist" by bulk.  I had to use "similar item" for each time.  Done 10 on eBay.ca and another 10 on eBay.com.

Disappointed that I don't get up to 500 free listings offer promo just 10% off FVF offer.  Dang!!!

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I've got 10% on final value fees for 10 auction-style listings.... very generous.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Got the 10% off FVF too. I activated it, but what's the point? It doesn't apply to relists and I do not have new items at the moment. I guess I could use the "sell similar" thing, but then I would have to deleted them from my unsold items page once they are relisted as I only keep the un-relisted ones... and the credit only applies *IF* the item sells... I better choose which items I want to list very carefully....

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Can anyone clarify whether the 10% applies as long as the item is listed within the promo period?  In other words, will you still get 10% off FVFs if the item is listed during the promo period but happens to sell outside that time slot?  

I'm thinking of listing a few items today (I just noticed the promo in my Summary yesterday, no email) on 7 or 10-day duration, which could take them past the end of the promo if they sell after Jan. 15th -- the word "if" being the critical qualifier. Woman LOL

How do others read the terms in this regard?  This is a different sort of promo from the ones they usually run.  

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

All promotions go by listing date, ie: they must be listed during the promotion period.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Don't use relist. I use TL and to be safe, I moved all listings into inventory 1st, then moved to waiting to upload, then uploaded and everything worked fine. You can do 500 free on .ca and 500 free on .com with no issues. 

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

The way I understand it... If you list the item for 10 days, it must sell during that 10 days. If it doesn't and you relist, the credit won't apply. That is why you must choose the items that are most likely to sell, because... 10 items is really - really - not much 😞

With that said, yesterday, I sold one of those items I listed. And the credit was automatically applied. Cool Smiley Very Happy  Now, if the others could sell, that would be awesome!

Message 17 of 17
latest reply