About Shipping Insurance

I've been using Shippo for a long time and buying insurance from Shipsurance via Shippo.   I just found out that  Shipsurance now only insures packages shipped from an Amercan address.

Does anyone know where Canadians can buy insurance for Tracked Packets etc. now that it's not availble from Shipsurance any longer?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

About Shipping Insurance

There is insurance on many Canada Post services already, and more can be purchased (up to $1000).

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/business/shipping/international/compare.page

What are you insuring against?

Tracking gives you delivery confirmation.

Some services are faster than others.

Damage is best prevented when you package, not after damage is done.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

About Shipping Insurance

How much extra insurance are you talking about?

Tracked packet comes with $100 coverage.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

About Shipping Insurance

When shipping items over about $600 I ship via signature confirmation and insure via Canada Post.   Items under about $200 can go with just the $100 covered by Tracked Packet without added coverage.

I've been buyting extra insurance for items which sell for between about $200 and $600 and Shippo made that easy because they partnered with Shipsurance and cost was about $1/$100 insurance.  Now Shipsurance will not longer insure items unless shipped from a US address.

I don't know but it looks like it might be possible to use CP Expedited shipping and insure but I'm undecided if the extra cost is worth it.

Not only is Expedited usually more expensve than Tracked packet but I'm also pretty sure that insurance will cost more than $1/$100.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

About Shipping Insurance

You used to be able to buy insurance through shipsurance by going to their site.  I don't know if that is still possible.

off topic.... Are you at level 4 or higher for the Canada Post small business program?  If you are ar a lower level it might now be less expensive to buy your labels on eBay as they made some changes in the last few months. However, they don't break down the gst/hst when you buy a label so that is a problem for some.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

About Shipping Insurance

I wondered about buying direct from shipsurance as well but so far I haven't tried that.

I didn't see an option on eBay shipping to by insurance if shipping expedited.   Do I just have took harder or is that option not available on eBay?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

About Shipping Insurance

I don't know. I haven't sold anything high enough to insure lately.  Hopefully someone else will know.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply