Account created in 1999, can’t sell anymore on eBay.it

fabmic1
Community Member

Hello All,
Today as I changed my password on ebay, something happened.
I opened my account back in 1999 on ebay.com, because there was no ebay.it back then. So my account has always been on both marketplaces. I access normally from ebay.it, but many times the website turns to English. My selling account was activated many years ago as well, and I sell one or two items a year.
Suddenly today, when the website was on the US site, I tried to sell one item, and I got a response saying I have limitations as a seller because my selling account had just been activated (I am too new)...
I've got 160+ positive feedbacks (100%) most of them as a buyer, but you can see reading them that I have many feedbacks as a seller too, and some of them are pretty old, so it's frankly odd to read the customer support messages saying "Just request a limitation raise" or "I can see that your selling account was activated today", I mean just have a look at the old seller feedbacks...!
In my opinion, my account is split in 2, there is a ebay.it side and a ebay.com side. The selling account on ebay.it was operating normally until today, and now the ebay.com side has taken over, and my selling history doesn't count anymore.
I'm 100% Italian and live in Italy, I don't need ebay.com, but I don't want to waste 22 years of ebay history and feedbacks just because ebay has a clear BUG...
Anyone able to help...?
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You are on the eBay.ca site right  now but things work basically the same on com amd .ca. eBay often places limits on new or infrequent sellers.  Looking at your feedback you haven't sold much in the last year so that is likely why you have limits. I realize that it would be frustrating if you've had a lot sales in the past but with Managed Payments eBay seems to be limiting a lot of occasional sellers.  

Have you already registered for Managed Payments on .it?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

So eBay is basically ended for me. It used to be THE website to sell when you needed, or buy when you needed. How can you apply anti-scam measures on someone who first signed up 22 years ago and never got a negative feedback…?
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The huge problem is that my selling account on .com looks like just activated one day ago. But the one on .it was activated long long time ago (15 years…?)
So the limitations applied on .com overrule on my rating “above average” that I can see on .it
I mean, what is this…?
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

I don't think the site you use has anything to do with what you're experiencing as Canadian sellers with low selling activity are also having this issue.  Your selling record of one or two items a year makes you a target for scammers who take over accounts with just enough activity to look credible.

It's not you that's being viewed as a potential scammer.  Your entire eBay account is seen as being more vulnerable than a seller who sells far more than you do and keeps their account active with a high volume of transactions.

I don't think you answered @pjcdn2005's question about whether you're enrolled in eBay's Managed Payments program.  eBay sellers are no longer able or will soon no longer be able to use PayPal to accept payments.   If you haven't already set up your eBay account with a bank account for accepting payments, that may be another reason why you're not able to list on eBay.it at the moment.

There's more information here.  Sorry it's in English, but it will get you started:

https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news/ebay-begins-managing-payments-in-france-italy-and-spain/

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Where does it look like it was activated one day ago?  Your feedback page here and on .com shows that you signed up on ebay in 1999. Your title says that you can't sell anymore on .it...what do you mean by that? What happens when you try to list there?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Everyone starts at above average...there is no 'average'

You might be better off to contact customer service on ebay Facebook or Twitter by sending them a private message with your information and question. They will have access to your account that we don't

Message 7 of 7
latest reply