Account # in address

Just had an order and i never seen this format

Name

Adress

Account #: XXXX-XXXX

City postal code

Canada

It's literally written Account #: with the number after, what it means? Should i ignore or still add it?

Buyer is new (4) feedback score

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Account # in address

Do you shipping internationally or just Canada and US? It's possible the account number is some kind of identification for a forwarding company. I know I had a package for a buyer from Greece (while I was not selling internationally) and she had it going to an industrial unit in the US. There were a few snags since the office for accepting mail were closed on weekends and they tried twice delivering on a Saturday and Sunday so was getting "couldn't access unit" messages. It did eventually arrive safe and sound.

I would include the account number (maybe put it in brackets) since it is after the street address so kind of acts like a suite or unit number.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Account # in address

I'm (pretty sure) you should treat this the same way as you would for any additional delivery information on a letter, which would put it between the name and the address.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Account # in address

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

Just had an order and i never seen this format

Name

Adress

Account #: XXXX-XXXX

City postal code

Canada

It's literally written Account #: with the number after, what it means? Should i ignore or still add it?

Buyer is new (4) feedback score

@rocketscollectibles 

Try  a cut and paste with address(excluding name) into google and see what it brings back for results. This may give you an explanation.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Account # in address

There was literally 0 result when copy paste. I did a bit more reseachs and found out that the adress is actually a 3rd party courrier partner, it's called PenguinPickUp. And the account # in the adress provided is indeed my buyer account with them. First time i'm seeing that and this company, but from their website they seems affiliated with every carrier. Anyone know if this order is safe to ship? 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Account # in address

Freight forwarders are very safe. Safer than houses, with their porch pirates. Almost as safe as PO boxes which require a key to open.

And much of the Money BackGuarantee does not apply to forwarded packages.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy?...

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Account # in address

It's possible the buyer is renting a mailbox there to have their mail sent to.  If it is the one on AB it is also a UPS store and they do have mailboxes.   I don't see any  reason not to send it.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Account # in address

I haven't used Penguin Pickup but have seen their small pick up outlet stores in malls.

If they are set up inside a mall and paying rent to someone I believe they are legit. I think possibly people use them that are in a shared residence where they want to make sure packages make it to them. I also believe they allow people to pick up for someone else (with permission) for students away at school, etc.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Account # in address

Because I am nosy and easily bored,  I sometimes search Google Maps to see where my shipments are going. Including seeing the house and cruising the neighbourhood.
Very easily bored.

I have learned than about a third of "apartment" addresses are actually maildrops in strip malls. Either post offices, UPS shops, or Mailboxes'r' Us outlets.

The address might look like:

EE Cummings

123 Any Street Unit #456

Anyhowtown  NY  90210

USA.

But #456 is his mailbox number or his account number.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Account # in address

I'm pretty sure it's either a mail forwarder or a designated mail drop off spot. As mentioned before I used Japanese mail forwarders often. One of them was for Yahoo Auction Japan and I can even see their exchange with the seller, and they would specifically ask the seller to include an account number in the shipping address. So OP make sure you include that account number in the address so that your buyer's parcel can be correctly identified and forwarded. I'd even hand write it somewhere on the package just to be extra safe. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply