Adding buyer's question to listing after replying

I had a buyer send me a question about an item I am selling. When I replied there was the usual check box to add the question and my answer to the listing. I didn't really think about doing it at the time so I left it blank and just sent the answer to the buyer.

After thinking about it I realized it was a good question that others might have and that I should add it to the listing, but when I went back to the message I could see no way to do so. Even when I chose to reply again (without actually sending another message), there was no check box to add the question to my listing like there was when I originally replied.

Because I replied to the buyer directly and didn't check the box, am I out of luck or is there a way to add that question to the listing after the fact?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I've never tried to do it after the fact like this, but if it's a no-go can you add the pertinent information to your listing?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the reply.

I considered doing that ... but then that item sold. So I guess, at least for that item, I don't have to worry about it now. 😛

In the future, I'll make sure I take a few extra seconds to consider adding the buyer's question to my listing BEFORE I answer it.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You could always revise the listing with a copy and paste of the question and answer exchange but while obscuring, of course, the identity of the member who posed the question. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Just a minor update, as I had another buyer ask a question on another item.

Like last time, when I went to first reply to the question the check box to add the question and answer to my listing was there. Unlike last time, I made sure to think about adding it to my listing before replying. I checked the box and the question and answer were successfully added to my listing.

My guess is that once you have replied and opted not to check that box, there is no way to go back and add the question and answer to the listing because eBay assumes that if you didn't want to add it the first time you won't want to add it in the future. As my earlier experience shows that's not always the case, but at least I have learned to put the thought into it before I hit the send button on my reply.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply