Forum Posts

Update from Auctiva re Active Content

For sellers who use Auctiva, I noticed today a new announcement that will be of interest if you were concerned about what will happen in 2017 when eBay removes all active content. Like most Auctiva subscribers, I use the scrolling gallery, and it see...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! What does this Paypal message mean?

I just had someone make a purchase, and there is a message saying "You got paid ********** made a payment of $*** to your merchant credit card account" I have no idea what that means. The payment appears to be in my Paypal account.

• 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! The mechanics of Best Offer: now what? Buyer sent three offers, I countered the first, declined two

I need some assistance around the mechanics of a Best Offer, please. I'm selling an item, Make an Offer is enabled. On sale right now for $146 plus free domestic shipping (not that it matters) but the buyer sent one offer, I countered with my lowest ...

• 58 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller Dashboard errors

I've noted some discrepancies in my Seller Dashboard this past week.I've checked daily with the hope that the errors would be corrected. ypdc_dennis brought up similar concerns with Raphael during the Wednesday, October 26th 2016 Weekly Session. As o...

• 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

so did i call it or what..after the usa to canadian dollar free listing promos have dried up!!!!

as i stated hoping for the best, but knowing better said, the usa to canadian dollar conversion has been implemented, other than the good till cancelled offer.. there is very little for us now.. so anyone who used the listing bonanza to list lots of ...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyers don't leave feedback any more! Less than 40%

Out of 37 sold last month, 22 didn't leave feedback. That is over 60%. I know most of them received the item within 5 days as they were sent with tracking using USPS. I know feedback is not important any more but I still use it. Also at a glance, buy...

Rumor department: eBay.ca September sale event

The Canada Post uncertainty made it a tough summer for many sellers. But with that behind us, it's time to start listing the great inventory buyers are looking for. To highlight your great Canadian inventory, eBay will launch a "Buy Canadian" event o...

Help Identifying Watercolor Pallette

Hi All, I recently acquired a porcelain (I believe) watercolor pallete and I can't find any info online with regard to the maker or date manufactured. There is a marking on the back which appears to be a horse and chariot with the words, either "Erio...

New? Verification code.... (on .COM at least)

Starting today (for me at least) whenever I've been away from my machine for a few minutes and come back and refresh, I'm having to enter a 6 digit security code... here's the text that goes with it... "To keep eBay a safe place to buy and sell, we w...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

"Find your Product" in CDs and DVDs

For the past five days i have been listing CD's and DVD's but the "Find your Product" tool is not working? I have input several common UPC's that I have previously entered successfully in the past but not working now. For example: The Wire First Seas...

Paypal Confirmed Addresses

This is the second time this has happened to me. Buyer makes a purchase, pays with Paypal. I go to create the shipping label and the address is confirmed and Paypal states, "Ok to ship" Problem is, I can see that the address is incomplete. No house n...

Fee increase for Reserve Price coming October 1 / 2016

Since it was buried in a bunch of post office related announcements, I thought I'd mention this: On October 1, the feature fee for reserve price will increase to the greater of $3 or 4% of the reserve price. This is eBay's continuing effort to discou...

seller account page is a disaster

Has any one else looks at their selling account page and found it a mess. Can't get anything other than the last fees days as far as fees, etc and the date range they give at the top is 6/16 to 8/16 I can't see any of my fees for most of September. B...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

restocking fees

Hi there what you think for restocking fees and how customers react to them? I will really appreciate any information.Thank you and have an wonderful week

SELLERS: DOUBLE-CHECK YOUR SHIP-TO EXCLUSIONS!

So there I was, admiring a new listing that I had just sent live and suddenly (poof) I notice that all my ship-to excluded countries are vanished. I now ship this item to Nigeria and literally everywhere the world including places I cannot find on a ...

Screen Shot 2016-09-05 at 6.27.10 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-05 at 6.29.06 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-05 at 6.29.49 PM.png
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

When you put things on sale in your store, do you?

Hi all you store owners. Looking for advice/hints/ideas/experience on sales/discounts. What is your rationale/secret/reason you put things on sale in your store? Can you just put certain items on sale or does everything have to be on sale? Do you do ...

Resolved! When did insertion fees go up?

Hi everyone: I'm not getting invited to any promos these days, so I thought I'd break down and pay the .05 listing fee for fixed price. It's been awhile since I paid insertion fees, but if I go back to March of this year they were still .05 It's very...

Advice on Return

A buyer purchased 2 e-readers without chargers. I combined shipping and sent them out. She then contacts me stating she has found a compatible charger, but cannot get either to turn on or charge. I tell her to ship them back for a full refund and sen...

What's Wrong With the Photos on Ebay?

They don't appear on watch lists...and I've tried 3 different computers and 2 different browser. It's even worse with Active Listings....the photos do not enlarge and and the zoom tool has disappeared. What's going on?

August 2016 eBay.CA invite only promos

I got this one this morning: $50 / 50% off promo offerAugust 17 to August 28 (must be activated)Up to 10 sold items that are listed during the Promotion Period and that sell for more than $50 will get a 50% discount on the Final Value Fee (FVF),http:...

Labels