When did insertion fees go up?

Hi everyone: I'm not getting invited to any promos these days, so I thought I'd break down and pay the .05 listing fee for fixed price.

It's been awhile since I paid insertion fees, but if I go back to March of this year they were still .05

It's very confusing to me what is happening, because when I went to relist 19 items by selecting them in eBay it told me total fees were 2.20 Not the .95 I was expecting. I cancelled so I could check the fees. The eBay help page says that listing fees are. .30 for all durations. Ok, I guess that is definitely changed but,  2.20/19 = .12 (rounded up) so that didn't make much sense to me.

Then I tried relisting my normal way using Turbo Lister and it calculated fees at 2.70 for 19 items . Still not the .95 I'm looking for and not the .30 that I see showing in the help files. 2.70/19 = .14 (rounded down)

Am I missing something here. It seems everything I go to do here lately is off some how or other. I am starting to question my sanity.

Did insertion fees go up? If so why don't they work out to what is posted in the help files? I'm really confused right now. Like I say it's been awhile since I had to pay insertion fees, especially with the slow summer due to the Postal situation.

If anyone can straighten me out here, I'd appreciate it very much.

Wendy

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

While there were some changes in the spring update, the basic rates did not go up.

What you have is a blend of BIN fees for the stuff you are listing. As in different categories.

Items in Musical Instruments and Gear would be the standard 30 cents.

Items in Books category and Records category are still 5 cents at the .ca promo rate.

You don't see the difference until you go above your free monthly limit.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

For a long time, music category insertion fees were 5 cents on a longstanding promo that kept getting renewed every 6 months or year. It was discontinued a year or more ago if I recall correctly. So music does not have any special fees anymore and must pay the normal insertion fee rate of 30 cents over the 50 free for a non-store.

You may want to consider a store to get the 250 free insertion listings for a basic store. Of course the cost of the store at 24.95 monthly (no contract) for 250 listings makes them cost 10 cents each so still not your 5 cents. Final Value Fees are lower at 9% so some savings over the non-store 10%.

You can list 250 free on eBay.ca Canada and 250 free on eBay.com USA to get 500 free total.

eBay member musicyouneed just got a store because regular free promos seem to be gone. Some store advice was given to musicyouneed so look up some topics posted by him and the replies he got.

As for your strange fees costs, I cannot explain why you got them. Perhaps you have some of your 50 free left and some are charged the 30 cents?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Listing from one of my current listings using Sell Similar, still gives me an insertion fee of .05 (I do not have an eBay store)

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

While there were some changes in the spring update, the basic rates did not go up.

What you have is a blend of BIN fees for the stuff you are listing. As in different categories.

Items in Books category and Records category are still 5 cents at the .ca promo rate.

-..-

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

-..-

Aha, that must be it. I did try to list some sheet music, some books and some records. The extra cost for the sheet music would explain the odd total. My 50 freebies have all been used.

My first sheet music listings were in Music/Other because I had not found the Musical Instruments/Sheet Music category. I recently changed them all to the Musical Instruments category, so that explains the change in cost.

I am glad to know the others will still be .05 over and above the 50 free, but I'm a bit worried how long that is going to last, seeing as the help page says all listings .30. Another Wait and see situation.

Thanks everyone who replied.

I've considered a store, but when I calculate the costs, it really doesn't make sense for me right now. I did the eBay evaluation also, where you fill in the blanks and then they say whether or not a store is a good or bad option. Based on my sales right now the survey said that a store would be more expensive for me.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply