American Shipping Dropping off Listings Randomly....

A Canadian seller posted on Reddit yesterday that they were curious about some listings that had next to no views and when they checked, they realized that the American shipping info had mysteriously disappeared along with their listing on .com 

I got curious and went in and checked mine and about 20% of them had lost the American shipping set-up.  I know I set them up correctly because I use a template plus weigh/measure the item as I list and choose the appropriate US shipping method as part of this routine.

Anyone else noticing this?  I can't find any common trait in the listings affected that would give me a clue as to why they were targeted by the glitch.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The fix I refer to is adding the American shipping option back into the listing as it had disappeared.

I had made quite a few revisions to many items due to running a number of sales and adjusted some shipping from calculated to flat to make some items more appealing.  However, the items I found to have missing American shipping option were not necessarily those in the sale.  Plus I would have no reason to remove the American shipping option as this is standard for me.   It just seems completely random.

I was really just posting here to give a heads up in case there are others affected.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

"about 20% of them had lost the American shipping set-up. "

???

I see 64 of your listings on eBay.ca

and 64 on eBay.com indicating the US shipping service and charge are set up properly on all your listings.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes, I went in and corrected them all this morning.  But when I checked earlier, 20% needed that fix.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

"needed that fix."

What exactly was missing?  A shipping service?  A shipping charge?  Something else?

I noticed many of your listings had revisions made recently, including revisions to shipping terms (Dec 10 and earlier).  Is it possible those with a problem today were listings that had been recently revised?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The fix I refer to is adding the American shipping option back into the listing as it had disappeared.

I had made quite a few revisions to many items due to running a number of sales and adjusted some shipping from calculated to flat to make some items more appealing.  However, the items I found to have missing American shipping option were not necessarily those in the sale.  Plus I would have no reason to remove the American shipping option as this is standard for me.   It just seems completely random.

I was really just posting here to give a heads up in case there are others affected.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply