Any Canadian sellers here who use USPS to ship their items?

I am curious if there are any Canadian sellers who use USPS... like going down the the states and shipping their wares through there?

I'm asking because I've heard of some people doing this, but I am not sure of the logistics of it all, like, do you require a US mailing return address on it or can you use your own Canadian address? Do you even need a return address on it?

I have a bunch of posters that I would like to sell, but being from Canada, I am afraid that CanadaPost is going to charge an arm and a leg for them, so I would like to see if shipping via USPS is a viable option for me since I live near the border (though this would probably require me getting a Nexus pass to make it worth my time).

Message 1 of 261
latest reply
260 REPLIES 260

Do you still do daily deliveries from Montreal to USPS in NY?

Message 161 of 261
latest reply

Any news about the new service?

Message 162 of 261
latest reply

Is there a company that drops to USPS from the Ottawa/Prescott area? 

There's been a couple of posts on this but I've yet to read a reply...maybe it doesn't exist but just checking. I've read the entire thread - thx all for the great info!

Message 163 of 261
latest reply

Hi, Could u be kind enough to tell me where to get the customs form? Thank you

Message 164 of 261
latest reply

If you are in the Hamilton/Burlington Ontario area this guy is really good. www.parcelforless.com. His name is Jerzy Open Monday Wed and Fri.

Message 165 of 261
latest reply

hello

i need service  from montreal to US

could you contact me ?

Message 166 of 261
latest reply

hello

Do you know sombody do the same things in montreal?

thanks

Message 167 of 261
latest reply

cssn
Community Member

Just wondering about Stallion Express in Markham, Ontario. I can't find a phone number anywhere on their site, or on the internet. Do they even have one? I have a question I would like answered right away regarding a shipment I want to send. If anyone else can help, I'd be grateful. I want to know if unlike chitchatsexpress, they will send items above $200 to the US? I currently have a stamps.com account through chitchats, and I have a lot of merchandise I can't send through them because they are over $200. I'd appreciate any feedback from those using stallion express.

Message 168 of 261
latest reply

Their website does provide an email address (no telephone number)

Send your question by email

Message 169 of 261
latest reply

Thanks, I will just stop by tomorrow since it's close enough to me. I'd rather speak directly to someone when I'm trying to inquire about their services.

Message 170 of 261
latest reply

cssn
Community Member

So, I stopped by Stallion Express this morning, barely able to find it as their sign is for a different company but I took a chance and went in and spoke to a nice guy who explained that they are still in the process of getting set up. Anyway, in case anyone else is interested, they are pretty much identical to chit chats in that their shipments are also under $200 only. Their per parcel fees are a bit cheaper, but right now, they are only delivering twice a week despite their website advertising every day deliveries.

All that said, does anyone know of any good companies  serving the GTA where I can ship parcels OVER $200 for reasonable rates? I have lots of small stuff under $200 that I'm happy sending through chitchats, but I need a better solution for the over $200 items. That's where shipping is really killing me. Right now, Canada Post is the most hassle free option, but their rates suck. Couriers kill you at the end with the import duties etc., and I have a shipping reseller I work with similar to chitchats for the Canadian orders, but they won't send out US orders at all even under $200. I have tried them for rates and the odd time they have checked for me, the rates have been worse than CPost. I would appreciate it if anyone can point me somewhere for these larger amount shipments! Thanks in advance!

Message 171 of 261
latest reply

i can show you how cross border with item over 200$
Message 172 of 261
latest reply

Anyone offer service from Kingston ON? I saw a couple of posts from way back but didn't see any reply
Message 173 of 261
latest reply

I went to their store today, they updated the website and has a phone# now: 1-877-863-SHIP (7447)

http://stallionexpress.ca/

Message 174 of 261
latest reply

Tried to create stallion express account like 3 times (twice in Sept, once this month), no response whatsoever, also tried to email them a couple times in Sept, emails got bounced back.

Message 175 of 261
latest reply

Am located in Chatham-Kent Ontario.

Looking for a service serving this area, Either out of Windsor to Detroit or Sarnia to Port Huron, even possibly out of London to either destination.  Anyone got a clue to where to start looking?

Message 176 of 261
latest reply

Hello billybob452,

I believe it would be beneficial to many people following this thread if you could share your knowledge and experience openly.

Thanks in advance!

Message 177 of 261
latest reply

Hey BillyBob,

Can you help me with this? Is it really just as easy as taking the commercial lane, paying a small fee and filling out form 7523? Do I have to register an export account? This would save us thousands of dollars a month.

Message 178 of 261
latest reply

@sailor.v. wrote:

I am curious if there are any Canadian sellers who use USPS... like going down the the states and shipping their wares through there?

I'm asking because I've heard of some people doing this, but I am not sure of the logistics of it all, like, do you require a US mailing return address on it or can you use your own Canadian address? Do you even need a return address on it?

I have a bunch of posters that I would like to sell, but being from Canada, I am afraid that CanadaPost is going to charge an arm and a leg for them, so I would like to see if shipping via USPS is a viable option for me since I live near the border (though this would probably require me getting a Nexus pass to make it worth my time).

You cannot use your Nexus for commercial  purposes.

Message 179 of 261
latest reply

I sell on another ecommerce site and after much effort got set up to print USPS, US Fedex and US Greyhound shipping labels at home (BC). I pay for a PO Box at the Blaine WA post office to use as my US shipping address. I clear my parcels through the Pacific truck crossing in the designated truck lane. I pay an annual US customs commercial fee for a transponder decal on my car, rather than the per-crossing fee which was $10.50 USD, but not sure what it is now with the new fee increase. The prepaid transponder reduces the likelihood of being sent inside to pay (I was told some of the truck customs agents don't like handling money at the booth). It has been fairly quiet in the truck lane depending when I go, but I was caught in one horrendous backup about a month ago. It wasn't pleasant being in the middle of 8-9 lanes of huge commercial trucks running the traffic lights and trying to push their way to the front (I am also told the lights stop working at least once per week). I have never used the Peace Arch crossing so am curious to know how commercial crossings are processed there, if anybody knows.

I use Form 7523 regardless of whether the goods are valued over $200 USD per individual shipment. I have rarely been charged the extra $6 MPF (merchandise processing fee) for goods originating outside NAFTA, or for goods exceeding $200 per customer. US Customs originally told me to use Form 7523 and I've had no real issues in the past 3 years. But unfortunately the transponder fee just doubled from $205 to $402 USD effective Dec 28-15 due to a huge increase in the USDA portion of the fee for animal and plant health inspections.

Message 180 of 261
latest reply