Any Tips during downtime?

Hey yall! Hope you're all making sales and the weekend was nice. Just curious. What are any tips that you have for what to do with listings during sales downtime (when sales are quiet) I am curious as to what might help?

Thanks,
Jake
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Any Tips during downtime?

Since  I have a Store, and sell by Fixed Price, I just keep on listing.

I do use the slower times to check older listings to make sure there has been no slippage in the listing. There are occasional reports of Flat Rate shipping and even Calculated shipping suddenly becoming FREE shipping.

Free* Shipping is not, in itself a Bad Thing, and is very popular  with buyers, but if you did not include your costs for shipping in the asking price, it can be Bad News to find the problem.

You have room for 250 Free Listings without having a Store. 

Every listing you have will be up for 30 days and then automatically relists.

So just use the time to photograph or scan, describe, and upload more product.

*Free Shipping is a marketing term that means the seller has included their costs of shipping in the asking price for the item.

Which is cheaper : A $20 item with $5 shipping or a $25 item with Free Shipping? (And what would happen if you went with $29.99 with Free Shipping?)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Since  I have a Store, and sell by Fixed Price, I just keep on listing.

I do use the slower times to check older listings to make sure there has been no slippage in the listing. There are occasional reports of Flat Rate shipping and even Calculated shipping suddenly becoming FREE shipping.

Free* Shipping is not, in itself a Bad Thing, and is very popular  with buyers, but if you did not include your costs for shipping in the asking price, it can be Bad News to find the problem.

You have room for 250 Free Listings without having a Store. 

Every listing you have will be up for 30 days and then automatically relists.

So just use the time to photograph or scan, describe, and upload more product.

*Free Shipping is a marketing term that means the seller has included their costs of shipping in the asking price for the item.

Which is cheaper : A $20 item with $5 shipping or a $25 item with Free Shipping? (And what would happen if you went with $29.99 with Free Shipping?)

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

👍👍👍
Message 3 of 3
latest reply