Any reshipper that handles the German VerpackG?

byto253
Community Member

I was wondering if anyone knows if  there is a reshipper(s) in Canada or the US that is registered for the German VerpackG requirements.  Not sure if a re-shipper can do that or not.  

Just curious as it would be a direction to point folks in that inquire about shipments there.  I have a big old JVC  boombox up and had an inquiry about Germany but that one will be US and Canada only.  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I took a chance and on the adivce of a regular buyer of mine in Germany, continue shipping there, have not paid nor applied for the VeroackG program and there has not been any issues at all.  I believe the gov't has put it on the back burner for now and may try releasing the program again at a "later time"   Have you heard otherwise?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It is very uncommon for me to have inquires for outside N.A., so no idea if it is back burner or not.   It is a big heavy item, and a lot of the time paying for a US based reshipper is no more expensive than direct shipping a large item from Canada.   

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

There is (was?) a mail forwarder with a location in Ottawa.  Many e-commerce use them for US & international shipping. They are called Stallion Express.   You can contact their head office in Mississauga and inquire as to whether they are registered the for VeroackG program.  If they are no longer in Ottawa, check out Chit Chats Express for the same.

Not sure if you use them but, if not, check out their rates  to just about anywhere. .

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Unfortunately Stallion is Toronto area based.  I don't think they have ever been in Ottawa.   I do use chitchats but I think they are like CP, I am the shipper with the return info.  My understanding is that a forwarder is the shipper to the location.  But I am just learning about it, worth talking to chitchats about it. 

I did email reship so see what they have to say.  Not the best one for me since they are in Portland!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

although I do not ship outside of North America and do not know if Germany is actively enforcing it,and/or at what level one is required to register for it, but I am aware that many other European countries besides Germany have jumped on board and are indeed pushing forward with packaging laws and it is something International sellers may want to keep themselves informed about going forward...

Message 6 of 6
latest reply