Anybody use Chit Chats in Nepean Ottawa?

Hey Canucks,

Have any of you guys had changes at Chit Chats? I used to get UPS Mail Innovateons as a choise for shipping to USA. Not getting it all of a sudden. I thought I had other choices to before. 

Peace

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

byto253
Community Member

I have been using Chitchats in East Ottawa for some shipments since they opened but do not recall ever seing UPS Innovations.  That may be because my parcels are small, but my options always show Chitchats Express or Chitchats economy. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thx. weird my envelopes are under a pound and that chitchat economy is gone to except for a couple i sent to oregon. only get the express now.

wheres the last state you used economy in the last week?

peace
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Same here, economy only shows up for some packages.  I think it is a combination of destination and package size though I have no clue what the formula is. 

I do know that economy gets handed off to International Bridge Inc. and they truck it across the US and only give it to USPS near or at the final destination location.  So I expect it is meeting that company's requirements. 

Express gets handed to USPS pretty quickly in NY.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yeah, voting with my feet.

They just lost me after 10 years. For along time, can't find answer in help, get no help from support. Place has changed. Used to get great service and answers.

Yeah, had a sell to Kentucky, didn't get economy. check your tracking, economy goes to Kentucky Intl Bridge like you said. Think economy would have been all over that with a great rate. Nope no economy option.

Time to give the competitors a chance...lot more out there since Covid.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It is possible that you had access to shipping services that they no longer offer. They grandfathered in customers for certain services like Media Mail. They might have retired those services.

I have always received very good customer service from Chit Chats. Whenever there is a problem, I get a response within a day or so. Granted, I do not know if they prioritize responses based on how much a customer ships. 

Economy shipping via Chit Chats is very bad. I would only use that option if you have given the buyer a very liberal expected delivery date. The one time I used it, to California, it took 30+ days. The quote I was given at checkout was within the delivery window the customer was given, which is why I used it. I have not used it since.

Chit Chats Tracked is a very good service. For the same price as Small Packet Air from Canada Post, a small package can be shipped to the USA in a few days. For packages under approx 450g, it is a fantastic value. 

You aren't likely to find a better service in Ottawa. Stallion seems to have more flexibility with their shipping options, but you would have to be high volume enough to justify the additional cost of sending your packages in to Stallion in bulk with a shipping service.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply