Anyone else get a message from eBay about their US Top Rated status?

Got a message today from eBay notifying me that I'm under a "grace period" with regard to U.S. Top Rated Seller status.

Thing is, I don't think I've ever been TRS in the US region because I send a lot of things without tracking? I list solely on eBay.ca and have Global TRS (which still seems to be in tact). Anyone else get this message? Were they sent out in error or something? Apparently it says that I am TRS in the U.S. somehow but I'll be losing the U.S. TRS next month? Huh?

ebayUSTRS.JPG

ebayustrs2.JPG

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

You are below 100 sales to the US for the period. Maybe because you had a big drop off the back end combined with a recent slack period.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I got one today for UK and Ireland for the same reason, below 100 sales total for that domain.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@recped wrote:

You are below 100 sales to the US for the period. Maybe because you had a big drop off the back end combined with a recent slack period.

To be honest, my sales at the moment are some of the highest I've ever experienced lol. Most of my sales are domestic - I don't think I've ever been above 100 sales to the U.S. in a year. But maybe I was and just didn't notice? 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

That messages is usually because the seller went below the number of required sales in the US but  since your uploaded tracking number says that you had 13 US transactions I don't think that is the case.  But I have no idea why your dashboard shows that you are TRS in the US. Very odd.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

That messages is usually because the seller went below the number of required sales in the US but  since your uploaded tracking number says that you had 13 US transactions I don't think that is the case.  But I have no idea why your dashboard shows that you are TRS in the US. Very odd.

Tracking uploaded metric has a 3 month lookback, TRS requirement of 100 transactions is a 12 month lookback.

Let's be clear, the only thing that really matters is the TRS discount, if you qualify for TRS on ANY geographical area you get the discount on all transactions.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Tracking uploaded metric has a 3 month lookback, TRS requirement of 100 transactions is a 12 month lookback.

Oops! I knew that but obviously forgot.  But it is still odd that they would be US TRS if they rarely use tracking.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Tracking is not required for Canadian sellers to qualify for TRS.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@recped wrote:

I knew it wasn't a requirement for TRS Globally, but I thought it was a requirement to get TRS in the US region, no?

Or, is it just because I was already TRS Globally, as long as I sell 100 items in a 12 month period to the US I'm automatically TRS there as well?

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@recped wrote:

I'm aware of that but the message is about trs in the US and the op didnt think they have ever had that.   I realize that they will still get the discount since they have global trs but it's just odd that they got the message that they did.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

If Canadians have global trs they still get a discount on US sales regardless of the number of US transactions.  

In order to actually have trs status there you would have to meet all of the same requirements that US sellers do.  And trs status alone doesn't qualify them for a discount.  They only get a discount for TRS plus listings that offer free returns and 1 day handling

But as mentioned, we get the discount as long as we have global status so we don't need trs plus listings and/or US trs status.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

As I understand it, the Global TRS badge shows on every site EXCEPT dotCOM, while the US-based TRS shows on every site.

However, the important part is as @pjcdn2005  says we get our discounts on all sites with either badge.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Received a similar message on may 26th. They told me 'congrats, you're a top rated seller!' like i just reached the status. I'm top rated since like one year on the account. There was a glitch for sure. I just noticed my late shipment percentage increased to over 2% while i was under 1% and had no more late shipment (i have only 1 all-time). They show it's on 40 transactions while i have like 800. They say i only have 157 transactions since june 2022 too while it's impossible. There's a glitch in numbers, and there's a glitch like status did reset, and it probably made you out of top rated. You need 100 transactions and it show you have 70, maybe that 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I also got that message about a year ago...my sales were tanking. But things did pick up and I remain TRS in the U.S.

And yes, being a Canadian seller selling on the U.S. site, tracking is not going to affect your TRS.

Cheers from Winnipeg and stay safe....Bob

Rosemary's Bobby
Message 14 of 14
latest reply