Anyone else get a phone call from an eBay Customer Rep to explain .ca changes effective June 14?

June 10, 2016.  10:45 a.m.

We just had a call from an eBay Customer Representative

(emphasis on REPRESENTATIVE as opposed to Customer Service Rep).

Anyone else get a call?

Purpose of the call was to explain the changes coming to .ca effective June 14

re Selling in Canadian Dollars

One of the problems we have with listing on .com

(so that we can continue to list in US$ which we prefer since most of our buyers are US and international)

is that a Flat Rate Shipping amount has to be provided. 

Because the majority of our parcels require calculated shipping, it is impossible to

post an international flat rate shipping amount that will cover all options e.g. Japan or Florida.

Unfortunately the only solution this Customer Representative suggested was that

we call the US Post Office in Washington to get some answers.  (HaHaHa):Smiley Frustrated

The problem is not with the Post Office, it is with eBay.com blocking the auction going live

if a shipping amount is not entered.  No solution provided.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Anyone else get a phone call from an eBay Customer Rep to explain .ca changes effective June 14?

Yes, I got the call. I listened to the message, but in a few weeks it won't apply to me, all my listings will be on .com.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I spoke with the woman (she gave her name which I promptly forgot).

I complained about the Migration Tool being 'manure' (my exact term, these reps are allowed to hang up if you swear at them).

Gave her my suggestion that making it possible to change the Relist tool to allow a change from US currency to CDN currency in bulk would have solved most of the problems I had.

She commiserated and told me about some program that had been 'simplified' at her work (so obviously a third party hire) and now being much more complicated.

I also complained about not being able to delete from my Drafts page, whether because the listing had been transferred or because I wanted to start again.

And passed on the problem with double listing -- giving my low tech solution of putting all my listings (about 1000 at that point) into alphabetical order and deleting duplicates one by one (about 300 duplicates in my case, possibly because of my inability to delete drafts).

Very nice lady with a thick as cookie dough American twang and drawl.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yes, all the way from Utah! Wanted to remind me of deadline and walk me through the changes. Politely told her that all of my listings were GTC and would address before that deadline.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply