Anyone else rocking weird looking order numbers?

Anyone else having the same issue?

wierdordernum.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

So it appears we have gone from a (Personal)Sales Record Number that was counting upwards in sequence (Made it possible to track a sellers' total number of transactions) to an entirely random Order Number chosen willy nilly from the clouds with no way toggle or choose between systems. Well, it is kinda still there if you open up the transaction details.  This is what happens when you change systems on a whim and implement it suddenly, with limited warning. Ummmm....Thanks?!?!

-Lotz

PS. What to expect when you turn on your eBay. The future is yet to come.  Not for the faint of heart!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdlp2tqq5NU

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yeah, I'm sure I have that "surprise" look too at times haha.

I've no idea how this new order / record number is arrived at.

The odd part is that of my paid items from last Sunday evening (auctions) some had the old record format yet others used this new format, All were paid around about the same time within an hour or so of each other.

Now if I sort orders by record the ones using the new longer hyphenated format are sorted in order with the rest as if they still had the old record numbers. Don't know how as I don't see the old style number appearing anywhere.

Edited to add that I've noticed the old format (shorter) record number still appears on the packing slip and the invoice for your own records that ebay provides.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera 

Guessing it is the same way they come up with item numbers. Entirely randomly....Hopefully not to get purged automagically?? As for the old numbers in sequence, they are still there. The only way to see it is by opening up that id number and it shows up in the details. The easiest solution was keeping them both visible in individual columns.  Maybe in the future? Currently, there are limited ways you can customize Manage Your Orders. More possible options could be very helpful for some sellers.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 5
latest reply