Anyone with recent experiences with selling to Mexico?

Mexico is normally on my blocked countries list but someone actually bothered to message me for the first time ever... in Spanish (thank you Google translate) if I would ship there. Somehow I was feeling adventurous and said yes, and replied with an Xpresspost quote as there is no way I'm shipping there untracked. Aside from offering Xpresspost only, is there anything else I should be on the look out for?

Also, with that "16 business days guaranteed" on CP website, is that reliable...? If let's say it took over a month to arrive, can I claim a shipping refund with CP? 

I did look at the buyer's feedback. He/She is fairly new, only had one recent positive feedback from a Japan seller. Interestingly I was able to see who the seller was from the buyer's feedback page! I thought that kind of info is normally censored... 

mexico_500g.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@zee-chan wrote:

Mexico is normally on my blocked countries list but someone actually bothered to message me for the first time ever... in Spanish (thank you Google translate) if I would ship there. Somehow I was feeling adventurous and said yes, and replied with an Xpresspost quote as there is no way I'm shipping there untracked. Aside from offering Xpresspost only, is there anything else I should be on the look out for?

Also, with that "16 business days guaranteed" on CP website, is that reliable...? If let's say it took over a month to arrive, can I claim a shipping refund with CP? 

I did look at the buyer's feedback. He/She is fairly new, only had one recent positive feedback from a Japan seller. Interestingly I was able to see who the seller was from the buyer's feedback page! I thought that kind of info is normally censored... 

mexico_500g.jpg

Nothing recent. Last one was back in June  2021 also with Xpresspost due to value and final package weight.  Delivery time was just around 3 weeks. Item went from Calgary to Mtl and disappeared off the radar. Suddenly it showed up on CP (& Mexican Postal Service) website as in transit...in route. Arrived in Mexico 1 day and delivered the next with no issues.  Delays may or may not have been covid related.

Depending on what you are selling you may want to check if there are any special requirements for Mexican customs prior to completing the transaction. (Link was down when i just checked). And do a google on delivery address prior to creating label.  I used the long customs form and included 3 copies on box for safety. To make sure you have ducks in a row confirm phone number and get a valid(real) email address for customs documents. If there any problems this will help simplify them. You can also forward a copy of docs and label to your buyer. 

Currently there are no service issues noted for Mexico

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/our-company/news-and-media/service-alerts.page

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/information/app/wtz/business/displaySpecialRequirements?execu...

Best of luck whatever you decide.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Super helpful, thanks!

The buyer didn't reply, the shipping cost might have scared them away 🤪 and that's perfectly  OK with me, I'm not shipping with anything less than xpresspost to Mexico lol

Message 3 of 3
latest reply