Appreciation for the majority of buyers, they are good folks

In forums we tend to air frustrations and problems.   In any group of people there are 5-10% who will be a pain, any group anywhere - Ebay buyers and sellers to.

My kudos to the honest and honorable buyers is triggered form a lovely person in Japan.  Somehow an airmail delivery of a cross stitch kit took 7 weeks, more in line with surface shipping, so I suspect Canada Post diverted it into the wrong bin.   At 6 weeks she requested a refund and said if it arrived she would re-send payment.  I only asked for the price and was going to absorb the shipping, so that on a $20 item at least I wasn't losing $.  When it finally did arrived, she e-mailed asking for an invoice for the full amount, which she promptly paid.  My hats off to her and the vast majority of buyers who just want a good clean transaction.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Thank you for posting that. I agree that the majority of buyers here are honest and easy to work with.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I agree. In general most buyers are great and some even exceptional, but we live in a world where the few always ruin a good thing. Just as one example, Ebay charging fees on our shipping because of a few dishonest sellers. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Just as one example, Ebay charging fees on our shipping because of a few dishonest sellers.

I've never believed that as I'm sure that there were other ways to control that.  As far as I'm concerned, it was just a way of raising fees.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I'm so glad you related this story here! It's easy for some sellers to think that buyers are lurking everywhere, ready to take advantage of them and/or defraud them in any way they can. I will continue to believe that the vast majority of people who come to this site want their experience to be as pleasant as sellers do, and are for the most part honest and polite. Your buyer is just one good example.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

As far as I'm concerned, it was just a way of raising fees.

Oh I believe that to.  Ebay's way of make additional money.

Its like government TAX, LEVY,FINE. Its the only way they generate revenue. In ebays case, I will categorize their fee as a fine.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yes, kudos to all the good buyers I have had. Especially to the ones who were willing to forgive my mistakes (ex. relisted a sold item by accident and had to cancel) by accepting the mutual cancellation (so that I get my fees back) and prompt refund ^_^

Message 7 of 7
latest reply