Audio Book ISBN Question

Turbolister is demanding an ISBN for audio books. It will not upload without an entry. What does one do now to list a self-made audio book with no ISBN?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Audio Book ISBN Question

The field where you are supposed to enter it has a drop down menu where you can pick "does not apply".

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Audio Book ISBN Question

My turbolister did not have that field. I updated and it now has. However it still gives me "Error, a required field ISBN is missing" even though "does not apply". is selected.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Audio Book ISBN Question

Bump...

This is still an issue...anyone know if there is a fix? Is it a problem no matter how you list or only with turbolister? If the latter hopefully an update to turbolister will fix it soon.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Audio Book ISBN Question

You might want to ask about it at the weekly board hour session with an ebay rep. It is on Wednesday at 1 p.m. eastern time

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/bd-p/23000000073

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Audio Book ISBN Question

The rules with respect to product details such as a book's ISBN

vary among categories.... Some categories require the product details no matter what...

What category has been selected for this audio book?

New items require product details/identifiers....  and that includes books...

If one has a new item... the ISBN should be "on" or present with the item.

If the item is new... call it something other than new... such as Like New

that should allow some measure of flexibility

Do some more search  under the "Help" heading on eBay .....  and look at at the Audio books category under Books..

and then look at your item very carefully.... compared to eBay's rules....

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Audio Book ISBN Question

According to ebay, Do Not Apply can be used when an item does not have a product code even if that item is in a 'code required' category. Perhaps the book category is different although I don't see why it would be.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Audio Book ISBN Question

yes you can use "not apply" for anything even if it does apply and should have one. Thats what Im doing for all mine that ebay is missing it from theri catalog. Perhaps there is an issue with turbo lister, that wouldnt be a shock.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Audio Book ISBN Question

Many booksellers use eBay's catalogue for Books.... it is an each way to show the contents of a book... many times too easy

The recommendation is that if the catalogue is used with a book,  the information must be an exact description of the book.

The catalogue has too many errors to be mandatory.

The  requirement for an ISBN number applies to new books.  In some categories, other than books,  all items must have a product identifier.

My conclusion about the book catalogue  is

It is a mess looking for a place to happen....

It must be used by choice...carefully.....  and it can never be  100 % mandatory

eBay appears to be making adjustments in relation to it mandatory rule..... always be careful with what is done...

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Audio Book ISBN Question

Audio books are listed under books....

Do the book rules apply?

Always be careful as you have done so far...

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Audio Book ISBN Question

The issue now seems to be fixed.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply