Authenticity guarantee as Quebec resident

For whatever reason Quebec is excluded (in terms) to the authenticity program, buying, and selling.

Tho. My listings over $250 still show to buyers that it's under authenticity guarantee. With the blue badge. Listings from other sellers also show that it's under authenticity guarantee for me as buyer. 

Any idea how this would turn? Does Quebec is eligible or not? 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

  

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Simple it is because all your items are currently showing listed as being in Alliston, Ontario, Canada

And not Montreal, Quebec

Shipping:
C $20.00 Standard Shipping. See detailsfor shipping
Located in: Alliston, Ontario, Canada

Even this one

PEYTON ROYCE 2018 TOPPS WWE WOMEN'S DIVISION PURPLE#42 AUTOGRAPH ROOKIE /99

Condition:
Ungraded - Near Mint or BetterUngraded - Near Mint or Better
Price:
C $135.00
C $20.00 Standard Shipping. See detailsfor shipping
Located in: Alliston, Ontario, Canada

See not an eBay issue...

Change your location to quebec, major issue solved that never was an issue, justa lack of looking at your own listings...
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

When i am the buyer (I'm from quebec, this is the thread), ebay show listings i purchase are eligible to authenticity guarantee. 

When i'm the seller (i'm from quebec, this is the thread), ebay show to buyers that my listings are eligible to authenticity guarantee. 

While ebay policies says, as pictured:

Authenticity guarantee is only available for buyers and sellers in canada, not including buyers or sellers in Quebec

If you don't understand things you can pass.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

What do your listings say when you look at them? 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Maybe as a Buyer, if you purchase a card listed as out of the province it will still go through the "program" before being delivered...

Do you see any Quebec-listed trading cards with the blue badge?

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I see authenticity guarantee basically like we're eligible. As buyer, as seller, quebec or not. While in terms they say we're not. 

Capture21.PNG

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

The only way to see what happens is to purchase one and document the whole transaction with screenshots of each page, so you have a record of what was shown to you as the Buyer, then see how it is shipped and if it goes to the "center" or just comes directly to the Buyer.

Then it can be documented and shown to eBay, you know how things vanish from the site, mysteriously...

But, this sounds like the Bullion kind of scenario playing out, exempt, but not exempt...

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

789bj2
Community Member

From what I've been able to find out it seems this only is in Canada, The super I spoke to about it said people want this 9-10 but thats what dentists say about toothpaste too and it's not true. So I'm courious how many sellers like this program. I'm a Nay

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

789bj2
Community Member

Who actually checks these cards and what are their qualifications. Also I have enough trouble trusting the postal service yet alone someone I personally never hired,to inspect my product. Also how do we all know that they are going to send the card I actually sell, and send to them? what stops them from keeping my 10 gem mint (possibly) and sending a lower grade card instead?????

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@789bj2 wrote:

Who actually checks these cards and what are their qualifications. Also I have enough trouble trusting the postal service yet alone someone I personally never hired,to inspect my product. Also how do we all know that they are going to send the card I actually sell, and send to them? what stops them from keeping my 10 gem mint (possibly) and sending a lower grade card instead?????

As a member since at least 2008 you SHOULD already be reading this information...

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/selling-tools/ebay-authenticity-guarantee?id=4644&st=3&pos=1&query=...

2 min article

eBay Authenticity Guarantee

The eBay Authenticity Guarantee helps buyers shop for luxury or collectible items with confidence, while protecting sellers. Eligible purchases are physically inspected by experts before being shipped to the buyer or returned to the seller.

What items are eligible for eBay Authenticity Guarantee?

In Canada, eBay Authenticity Guarantee is currently available for sneakers and trading cards but the program will be expanded to other categories in the near future. 

Sneakers

Trading Cards

Some purchases inspected under Authenticity Guarantee are considered final sale. Please read eBay Money Back Guarantee policy for details.

Authenticity Guarantee is not currently available to residents of Quebec.

Tip
Remember to choose the item condition that best matches the condition of your item. If the authenticator determines your item's condition doesn't match the item condition you provided in the listing, we'll refund the buyer and return the item to you. 

How eBay Authenticity Guarantee works

If your item is eligible for eBay Authenticity Guarantee, it will be automatically added to the program, free of charge. There is no opt in or opt out option.

Items included in the eBay Authenticity Guarantee program display a blue checkmark badge. Buyers will see the badge in the search results page, the view item page, the checkout page and their Purchase history page.

When you make a sale, you have to send the item to the authenticator's address provided by eBay. Once the authenticator receives the item, the inspection is processed within 2 business days.

If the authenticator confirms the item is consistent with the listing title, description, and images, they perform a physical authentication inspection. If the inspector cannot determine that the product is authentic, or if the product is not as described in the listing, the item will be returned to you and the buyer will receive their money back. If the item passes inspection, it will be sent to the buyer with fast and secure delivery. 

Returns with Authenticity Guarantee

If a buyer wants to return an authenticated item, your return policy as stated in the listing will apply. Authenticated items are covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee, assuming all other eligibility criteria are met. For full details, read our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy.

When the authenticator receives the item, they’ll verify that it’s in the same condition as when it was sent to the buyer and that it has the original packaging and accessories. If it passes inspection, it’ll be shipped back to you and we will give the buyer a full refund. 

Frequently asked questions

Why can't I offer combined shipping?

Why can't I see the buyer's shipping address?

Can I include extra items in the box when I ship my sneakers?

Can I include extra items in the box when I ship my trading cards?

What if my item doesn't pass authentication, but I have evidence that confirms it's authentic?

How can buyers search for Authenticity Guarantee items?
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for your understanding!

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 11 of 11
latest reply