Awaiting payment sold dates are wrong sold item on May25 now says May 31 can't cancel for none pay

my awaiting payment items dates are changing on me, one item sold on May 25 so I go to cancel for none payment but can't because the date sold now says May 31, thats the oldest one but I do have others where the dates have changed

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Awaiting payment sold dates are wrong sold item on May25 now says May 31 can't cancel for none pay

Did you send the deadbeat an invoice when he didn't pay?
That resets the clock and the deadline changes until four days after the new invoice.

BTW it's 96 hours exactly to the second, not four days.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

As femmefan mentioned, if you sent an invoice the sold date resets.  I assume that they do this in case you reinvoiced because the buyer bought a second item. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I have some person who has bought 20 items over the past 2 months, never paid for them and they have automatically closed or I have manually done some. Based on my settings (more then 2 strieks in 6 months block a buyer) they should not be able to buy items (yes I know I can officiall block them) but I am having ebay look into this "GLITCH", where their strikes program seems to be not working. The best part is they asked me to send them a new invoice yesterday like 6 hours before they were to cancel as it would extend the time. So thats just great that the deadbeats know these loopholes that somehow ebay has in place (i assume to not lose buyers from the platform, but who cares about the sellers right)

I reached out to facebook team and they replied, saying my settings are all set up properly on botht he US and CA site, and this person should be blcoked but their seems to be an issue. wonder if this will get sorted. This person only buys items when I send seller initiated offers (akablind offers we have no clue who they are going to)

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

they should not be able to buy items (yes I know I can officiall block them) but I am having ebay look into this "GLITCH", where their strikes program seems to be not working

I agree that you should not have to do the manual Block.

But do it anyway.

Don't trust someone else to do something you can confidently do yourself.

when I send seller initiated offers (akablind offers we have no clue who they are going to)

Interesting clue.

There may be an overide.

Does the manual Block mean that the Blocked member cannot see our listings? Because those blind offers are going to all viewers, blocked or no.

devon@ebay  Can  a Blocked member see our listings. Does a blind offer go to all viewers, blocked or not?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

they should not be able to buy items (yes I know I can officiall block them) but I am having ebay look into this "GLITCH", where their strikes program seems to be not working

I agree that you should not have to do the manual Block.

But do it anyway.

Don't trust someone else to do something you can confidently do yourself.

when I send seller initiated offers (akablind offers we have no clue who they are going to)

Interesting clue.

There may be an overide.

Does the manual Block mean that the Blocked member cannot see our listings? Because those blind offers are going to all viewers, blocked or no.

devon@ebay  Can  a Blocked member see our listings. Does a blind offer go to all viewers, blocked or not?

Hi @femmefan1946! If a seller blocks a buyer they will still be able to see all of the listings but they would not be able to bid on or buy any of the items listed. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

devon@ebay 

But does the View still count?

Does the (blind) offer go to the Blocked bidder who Viewed?

It seems that when a seller sends out an Offer to their Viewers, who may or may not be Blocked, that the Offer overides the Block and the unwanted buyer can now buy.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply