B.O. For Item With a 25% Discount

I put a few items on sale because I wanted to see how this worked out for me.

I wasn't paying attention to whether items had a B.O. option or not and now I have an offer for one of the items put on sale.

I don't know if I should I accept or not because if I accept the offer and then the 25% is deducted after I accept the offer then it's too low.

If the 25% is applied to the original price and then the B.O. is applied after the discount I'd accept.

Does anyone know how that works?

BTW:  Putting these items on sale did work out for me.  I put about 6 items on sale and one sold quickly and now this one has a decent offer as well but it depends on how the 25% discount is applied.  However, in the future I'll be careful not to put items on sale which also have a BO option........... too confusing for me.  grimacing

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@sylviebee 

Unfortunately, once the best offer has been added, buyers could still make offers on those items. It would be at your discretion. On the offer you did receive, if its below what you would like to see for you could just let the person making the offer know that the item is already marked down and that you really could not go much lower. Any other items that you have on sale, just update to remove the best offer feature. Hope that helps.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

As I understand it the 25% would have already been removed with your sale. The Best Offer would apply next at your discretion.

-Lotz
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @sylviebee!

I've done some digging into it this morning and don't have a lot of detail on how these interact. From what I can find though, a markdown adjusts the Buy It Now price, but does not alter Best Offers.

Basically a markdown just reduces the stated price, it does not give a promotional % off to all prices. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 4
latest reply