Listing On Ebay.com?

So I've been listing exclusively on Ebay. ca ever since I started but I'd thought I'd try to take advantage of the 50 extra listings on Ebay.com.  I got the  50 listings I wanted to use but as I went to edit the price, etc on them...I got....'None of the listings you selected can be edited or relisted in bulk. Is there any way around that roadblock? Thanks in advance...

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Listing On Ebay.com?

Hi! As far as I know you have to create them directly on .COM. One cannot copy an item across sites (maybe perhaps using Turbolister but I do not use it anymore, someone else may know about that).

When I began listing on the other site (I was on .COM only and began listing on .CA) I had to create the first item from scratch on .CA then I used it and adjusted it to create all the rest fo the .CA lots.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Listing On Ebay.com?

I have been doing the opposite. I usually list on .com and decided to try some .ca listings. I do use turbolister but even there most of your information disappears when you go to change an existing .com listing to .ca. I have managed to set up a system and doesn’t take too long now, it does keep my photos and item description at least. So far, not having much luck with items I put on .ca though. My items seem to sell better on .com but thought I would give .ca a try.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Listing On Ebay.com?

As ricarmic mentioned it is not possible to create an ebay.com listing without first logging on to ebay.com. Once signed in new .com listings cab be created from scratch or from newly created templates. 

Very little can be done with ebay.com listings from ebay.ca, even though ebay.com active listings are visible from .ca it is not possible to edit them from .ca. If one attempts to edit an ebay.com listing while signed in to ebay.ca the system redirects to an ebay.com page and asks for logon credentials. After a successful signin the user is then on an ebay.com page and can proceed to edit the .com listing.

Should a user attempt to bulk edit multiple .com listings while signed into ebay.ca the listings will fail to load in the bulk editor because they were created on a different site. Again, to bulk edit .com listings the user must logon to ebay.com. Also, it is not possible to be logged on to both ebay.ca and ebay.com within the same browser tab simutaneously. In order to stay signed in to both sites at once it is necessary to either keep two browser tabs open (one for each site) or use 2 browsers, this can become confusing so I generally just login and out as required.

If contemplating listing on both sites it is very important to remember that ebay.ca site settings do not count for anything on ebay.com. Some items have to be configured separately on ebay.com, a couple of big ones that need to be setup are combined shipping discounts ( if flat rate) and the shipping region exclusion list.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Listing On Ebay.com?

@vintagenorth wrote:

I have been doing the opposite. I usually list on .com and decided to try some .ca listings. I do use turbolister but even there most of your information disappears when you go to change an existing .com listing to .ca. I have managed to set up a system and doesn’t take too long now, it does keep my photos and item description at least. So far, not having much luck with items I put on .ca though. My items seem to sell better on .com but thought I would give .ca a try.

This is my experience too. Once a listing has been created in TL it is a very tedious process to try and change it or copy to a diifferent listing site. On the other hand TL makes it very simple to choose a listing site when starting a fresh listing, it seems signing in to TL keeps one signed in to multiple sites simutaneously.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply