Bad news seller

Just a warning to fellow buyers on Ebay.

Seller  list stuff as" Excellent Condition ". But Stuff is not.

I bought 2 Dc Direct Figures from him and H shipped them in a Padded envelope.

The Robin arrived with a Broken leg.

Then I looked again at his auction pics and it shows that the leg was cracked.

So just a warning to everyone buying from him.

He lies and won't pack your item very good.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Bad news seller

I have someone who says the item I sent them is broken. At least you are willing to provide a picture to prove it. I'm asking for a picture to prove it before I refund. Hopefully they just send me the picture so I can refund them.

You should just tell eBay the item you received is broken (you have proof) They will refund you.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

this is how the item arrived to me.

Wasn't even wrapped in bubble wrap or anything just put in the envelope.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

We did the deal privately So Ebay probably won't do anything.I bought more than one Item from him so we did it privately. He did give me a deal on them, But was dishonest on condition.
Just wanted to warn potential buyers of him.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

If the seller sent you an invoice through Paypal or if you used the send money function there and checked off that it was for goods or services, you may be able to file a claim with Paypal for an item not as described. But if you used the send money function and checked off that you were sending money to friends or family, you can't put in a claim.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Anytime anyone asks you to do it privately it sends red flags (for me anyway). It is also against eBay policy to do so. I have had many people contact me to do a deal privately or not through eBay and I tell them not a chance. I would report him for the deal done privately so eBay knows that is what he is doing. I would still contact them to see if you can get your money back.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Paypal Buyer Protection  is about as strong as eBay Buyer Protection.

Go to your PP account and look in the upper right corner for the Resolution Centre.

File for Not As Described.

Like eBay you have only 45 days.

Like eBay you will have to return the item to the seller for a refund.

Like eBay you will have to use a Delivery Confirmed service.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

This is a big problem and ongoing, and not a good idea to move off of ebay to do the transaction.

If you paid by paypal for goods then, as PJ said:  File a claim there.

However, that's not always a solution.

Way too often it's just not worth the cost of return shipping.

When returning items you MUST ship with tracking or at the very least insurance (TPI?).

Sellers claim that buyers can sometimes falsely claim that items did not arrive, but sellers are 100 times worse.

For buyers purchasing antiques and collectibles dealing with issues of item not as described is the biggest pitfall of buying here.

Returns are expensive and difficult for over-the-border purchases.

The seller you are complaining about is one of many, and many of the problem sellers are Top Rated with a lot of FB.

Sometimes it's an honest mistake, but a buyer has not way of knowing the difference so there's no point in getting into accusations.

Just use the tools you do have access to make things right.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

You may have noticed that the member's name has been removed by the mods.

We are not allowed to 'name and shame' each other on the boards. We can give transaction numbers which are actually more useful in understanding the real problem.

We are only hearing your side of the story-- not that I doubt you, but you would be amazed at some of the self-serving jerks who come howling here.

Most posters do have a real problem and want to learn how to fix it, fortunately..

Message 9 of 9
latest reply