Barcode on shipping label wouldn't scan at post office

I shipped a package Express with signature today and I guess my printer sucks because the ladies scanner would not read the barcode, so she manually input it. I asked her if it would be a problem for the carrier and she said no, but it still makes me wonder. What will they do if they can't scan it? Can they manually input it as well?

Fortunately it's not going very far. (Surrey to Coquitlam BC)

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Barcode on shipping label wouldn't scan at post office

One possible reason why a barcode on a label cannot be read is that it was truncated on the right because the print margins in the browser were smaller than the width of the label. Some of the barcode bars may be missing on the right and the barcode cannot be read. The number under the barcode will be full but not the barcode.

Check your browser printer page set up to make sure that shrink to fit option is set.

This option will make sure that the full label width and height are reduced to fit the print margin set in your browser.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

but it still makes me wonder. What will they do if they can't scan it?

Just a WAG, but.....

Pull the package off the conveyor belt and have the address read by a human being?

It may also be possible to use the address and the partial code to find the correct code, print a new label and affix it for the next machine in line. But humans are more flexible than machines.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It appended to me before. The package has been delivered, but has never been tracked along the way...
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Did the tracking show it was accepted at the post office?
Message 5 of 5
latest reply