Being penalized for providing tracking numbers

Most shipping options to Australia have been unavailable for many months so I was forced to use a company that only ships with tracking (I was shipping without tracking before).

However, I just got a notification about high late delivery rates, I ship every order well ahead of my stated handling time, how is it fair to penalize me because the shipping comapny is delivering late?

I never had any such problems when I didn't provide tracking and am obviously not uploading any tracking info for Australian orders anymore if they thank me by penalizing me.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Without tracking you leave yourself open to false claims of non-delivery. (And true claims,but those are your responsibility anyway.)

However, this comes down to risk management.

I mostly ship, even internationally, without expensive tracking. Because most of my stuff is relatively inexpensive and philatelists are even more honest that most people.

Sneakers and cool sunglasses attract a different demographic, so I can see why you might want to track everything.

I ship every order well ahead of my stated handling time,

I agree and would suggest that you use the FaceBook or Twitter reps, or the Help and Contact Chat reps to appeal.

These (unlike the poor sods on the phones) are trained eBay employees. Not call centre subcontractors in Utah.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You won't get a late shipment when you have tracking if the package was scanned by the delivery company within your handling time.  Were the packages not being scanned right away?  Are you entering the tracking number on eBay account once you ship the item?

We'll only consider a shipment as late if:

• Tracking shows the item was delivered after the estimated delivery date, unless there's an acceptance scan within your dispatch time or there's confirmation from the buyer of on-time delivery
  • The buyer confirms the item was delivered after the estimated delivery date, unless there's an acceptance scan within your handling time or there's delivery confirmation by the estimated delivery date

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards?id=4080&st=3&pos=1&quer...

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@isell999 

In what way were you "penalized" for a single late shipment?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply